Terminator: Genisys

re: Terminator 5 (Reboot)

Last we heard anything about the bankrupt Terminator brand, the investment group Pacificor out-bid Sony and Lionsgate in an auction for the movie rights. And Deadline is confirming that both studios (plus Universal) are eying this new opportunity to make another film. But they'd have to start making the film by 2018 — before the rights return to James Cameron. "Rumor is the project price tag is at least $25 million upfront, against a purchase price near $36 million, not including paydays for Schwarzenegger or Lin." Should be interesting to see who snatches up this project first. Because even though everyone loves the Terminator, it's going to take a lot of marketing work to prove to the public that another film is worth checking out after McG's Salvation.

2018? Long time to wait for a good movie.

Yeah, Arney needs more money...to save California.
He'll be back. (Funnier if you say it with a think Austrian accent)

The T-800 kills John Connor in the future so this is a perfect opportunity to bring Arnold back.

I agree that they can do a make up or cgi effect to make him appear younger.

It will likely be a small cameo for Arnold & a tip of the hat to him. :thumbsup

I'd don't see Arnold beefing back up to his previous shape.I think make-up,CG and body doubles are what's in store.His past steroid use has taken its toll on him physically.It may have got him into Hollywood and made him an action star,but steroids over prolonged use has devistating,pernament effects on the body.Watch the documentry "juiced" I think its called?

The T-800 kills John Connor in the future so this is a perfect opportunity to bring Arnold back.

I agree that they can do a make up or cgi effect to make him appear younger.

It will likely be a small cameo for Arnold & a tip of the hat to him. :thumbsup

It might be a cool twist to have Connor die right after Kyle is sent back, so he's actually fighting to save his son that died immmediately after he left. Maybe the death of Connor is what spurs the resolve to win the future war.

I'm stretching it a bit here.......:wacko

If it's Terminator I'll take it, but yes if it's in the furture, then yes give us the war.... It looks like the director of Fast 5 is taking it on lets hope they get it right this time....:lol

Yur joking?The directior of Fast 5? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...that sounds like eminent disaster.You might as well have Michael Bay direct it and cast Shai LaDouche in one of the main parts(maybe as K.R or J.C) and watch him suck on screen,drag the movie down and it'll suck like Transformers or I4,but with overused CG and lots of bullets,explosions and cartoon action, but be weak on plot/story and character.Maybe make Megan Fox into a Terminator while they're at it.She can wear the ultar short,tight cut off jeans,t-shirt and pig tails from Transformers while skipping through a mine field and wasting everyone with a bazooka and extra large plasma riffle and have a hand to hand stand-off w/Arnie.EVERYONE DIES-END OF STORY

In my opinion the olny one who can truely do it right would be Cameron, but all they real have to do is go back and look at the first 2 films and start from there 3 was crap anyway and Salvation's war, what war ? It make you wonder if they even watch the first 2 ? Back to the core story line insted of trying to get cheap laughs and sell Tshirts.. Give me the Terminator back... I can remeber seeing the first film at 14 and it still stands up today and they did it with no big buget no CGI and NO cheesy comedy, thats what the "Terminator" was/is supposed to be......

Terminator needs to be retired. Two bad movies and a failed TV show later, we are just beating a horse skeleton at this point.

LOL.

But honestly... just because there have been lousy people to try to continue things... there is still a good story to tell... just need the right people to do it. That's just likely never going to happen, though. So yeah... put it down like a lame horse.

Just tried to watch this on Netflix and wow... talk about unwatchable TV. I thought Edward Furlong was bad, but this... just pure garbage.

I know it has its fans, but man, as much as I wanted to be one of them I just couldn't do it.

I also called T3 bad, though in truth it isn't really a bad action movie, but it comes no where as close to being as good as the first two. TS, on the other hand, was garbage IMO. How could they think that any of that was a good idea? And McG's ideas for the fourth movie... good god. It's like they've never watched a Terminator movie before.

Just tried to watch this on Netflix and wow... talk about unwatchable TV. I thought Edward Furlong was bad, but this... just pure garbage.

Come on , Stop pulling down TSCC. Who would not wanna have Summer Glau as your own sexy terminator...Who comes cuddling up to you in your bed :love

I know it has its fans, but man, as much as I wanted to be one of them I just couldn't do it.

I also called T3 bad, though in truth it isn't really a bad action movie, but it comes no where as close to being as good as the first two. TS, on the other hand, was garbage IMO. How could they think that any of that was a good idea? And McG's ideas for the fourth movie... good god. It's like they've never watched a Terminator movie before.

Have to agree whole-heatedly. Why Hollywood continues to use the exact same story ideas for TV series is just beyond me. It is a bit funny because John Connor in the series reminds me of the EXACT same character we see in the new V series... and that stereotype is so worn out and annoying and creates the same old tired controversies again and again. It is just lazy writing in my opinion... not that I could do better, but still.

I really like the visual style of Terminator: Salvation and it had a few (very few) cool visual moments, but the story itself was just painful and the ending was unbelievably bad.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back