Does anyone make a Millenium Falcon Studio Scale Kit?

IzzyMel

Sr Member
Hi Guys,

Sorry I repeating this question. I seen quite a few Studio Scale Kits here on the forum, But I haven't seen a Studio Scale Kit for the Millenium Falcoon. I seen people work on building their own Falcon. Does anyone make one? :)

Izzy

In a word, no.....but also, possibly yes in time, depends whom to talk to......cryptic huh :lol.
There is the SMT Falcon, not studio, nor accurate, but pretty big if thats your fix?

lee

Actually i find this set of plans to be off by a great deal if you compare it to the MR falcon

I personally prefer "josh's" plans his was all drawn in CAD using information collected from the MR falcon. But by all means his are not perfect i find about 80% are good but some can be off by a bit

As for the kit Mensaboy i believe is making one but i am unsure. Either way it will coast a bit for the kit you will be paying close to a MR falcon if you can find one

Actually i find this set of plans to be off by a great deal if you compare it to the MR falcon

I personally prefer "josh's" plans his was all drawn in CAD using information collected from the MR falcon. But by all means his are not perfect i find about 80% are good but some can be off by a bit

As for the kit Mensaboy i believe is making one but i am unsure. Either way it will coast a bit for the kit you will be paying close to a MR falcon if you can find one
yeah, the studio scale plans have some pretty parallel mandibles if you ask me (that's always the first thing I notice)

Thanks Guys. I appreciate all the info. Looks like the best way is to get your hands on a set of accurrate blue prints and go from there...

The only way to make one....is to make your own plans.
I wouldn't trust anything anyone did. The only eye that counts is yours.

Moe and I have talked about a kit, and are pretty far along. However, several other folks seem to have decided to do one as well. it's going to be interesting to see what they end up selling for, as we have basically determined that a kit would cost more than anyone was willing to pay for it.

You might sell, three of em.
Just not sure its really worth it.

Moe and I have talked about a kit, and are pretty far along. However, several other folks seem to have decided to do one as well. it's going to be interesting to see what they end up selling for, as we have basically determined that a kit would cost more than anyone was willing to pay for it.

what about what I mentioned earlier in the thread (and what others have mentioned before)? Simply producing the kibble/greeblies and drafting for the falcon. So that someone can actually construct it on their own and then glue on all the exposed machinery from the kitmaker.

what about what I mentioned earlier in the thread (and what others have mentioned before)? Simply producing the kibble/greeblies and drafting for the falcon. So that someone can actually construct it on their own and then glue on all the exposed machinery from the kitmaker.

And maybe throw in the cockpit too, yeah? That looks an absolute b**** to scratch...

Producing separate greeblies would actualy cost more time than offering hulls.

Way more, agreed Julien, theres far too much in donors on the Falcon to cast as a parts run, and make it cost effective or easily affordable.

Then, some parts i think would not lend well to casting anyway, far too delicate to get any form of consistent quality control.

I think Frank said it a long time ago, the hull is the easy part, its the donor parts and plating that brings out the red mist lol.

If you can build the hull, why not just scratch the ship in whole, slowly buying donors as you go....make it a long project, and your only project?

Doing it that way, it wont hit your pocket so hard compared to going out and buying 20 donor kits at a time.

lee

Julien and Lee,
From your mouths to God's ear.

Most folks, and it's no fault to them as they have no frame of reference, have NO IDEA who much "fun" it is to mold and cast something.

Done properly, its a considerable amount of work and investment.

I have been doing it for years, and I think Im just figuring it out. Now that I have, I'm probably running away from it.

It really hit me when, the MR falcon came out, and as thank you, in addition to the artist proofs we were given, we also got a second one UNASSEMBLED.

To say the BAG of parts was intimidating would be an understatement. I knew at that moment, anyone doing a "individual piece kit" would be crazy.

My scratchbuilt falcon has taken years. I grab a part here and there, over time.
So I have got to see everything involved with it all at once. A good thing I might add, I probably would have never started it.

As to see it all at once, is mind numbing. On Moe's kit, much of the side wall work is done like MR did it, cast as one part. You have to do so in order to make it affordable.

Even still, we have yet to complete our dicussion on the best way to do it. Considering the reality of the current economy, that discussion is probably moot.

Frank

Thats 4 kits, Brundelfly & Moe count me in, I will even design a lighting system for it if you like! Thanks Randy

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back