Walking Dead: King County Sheriff's Badge

eltee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been trying for months to get a close version of the Walking Dead sheriff's badge. None of the badge manufacturers I normally work with have the exact background piece and center seal. I went through two prototypes (note, if interested in one/both of them, PM me) until I came up with my final attempt shown here.

BadgesIDcopy-1.jpg

I did not have any hi rez photos or caps of the real badge, but it appears to be a solid gold colored star (although the pics below look silver) and the center seal is slightly different than the one I had access to. If I want an exact copy, I would have to have the badge made from one vendor and the seal from another vendor (competitor) and combine the two parts.

Here is a closeup of the badge I came up with.

RealReplicacopy-1.jpg

That's it man, you nailed it! That is the same badge. They must have had a custom center seal made. I haven't been able to find an all silver center seal with a black border and an eagle on it anywhere.

Fantastic work, and I WANT ONE!

And here is the best photo I could find of the badge-

BadgeCloseUp.jpg

OK, the bird seal on the screen used badge appears to be a Phoenix rising from flames (like the San Francisco official city seal) and not an eagle. Argggh. It may be the seal from a city (Phoenix?) or something like that. If anyone can link that seal to a city, state, etc. please let me know. I MIGHT be able to locate a seal with the US eagle and a blue outer ring, but that Phoenix icon might be tough or impossible to locate. Thanks for the clear pic.

Eltee,
Badge looks cool. I'd be in for one if a run was organized.

It is amazing the effort the prop makers go through to get the most accurate prop.

Mechanic, the Phoenix you brought up as the seal of Atlanta looks pretty close.

It is amazing the amount of work you all do to get the closest to screen accurate prop.

SUN Badge version, minus seal:

Product Details

The show's badges were not made by Ed Jones. They are a company I work with but they did not do the show props. I am checking with the badge companies I do business with to see if any of them have that center seal.

There are a couple of southern Cal badge manufacturers that do alot of studio work and I am hoping I can track down the one that did the screen used Walking Dead. Unfortunately, there has been a boom in offshore badge and emblem makers that make badges faster (turnaround time) and way cheaper than US makers, and they freely copy (recast) US design badges.

It may end up that the closest one I can get is the one shown unless I find the specialized center seal. To do a custom die for a center seal is fairly expensive.

Last edited:
The screen shots show very little of the blue surrounding the center seal as opposed to the example that has print in the blue around seal. Just my 2 cents

Here is yet another maker's version of that star style. The bottom panel is applied, not built in to the badge. Same basic style as the screen version. I work with this maker and I'll check if they have that odd center seal.

503Rs.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back