the state of PSN

TechDante

as many people are aware now the PSN (play station network) has been down for teh past 24 hours. i have heard that it was due to dDos attacks but that may be speculation or hype. does anyone know what is actually going on.

I saw this on MSN last night but they only speculated on dDos attacks but said it could be days before it's back up. I can't see why anyone would do dDos attacks on a video game network.

Probably just to see if they can do it and be a jerk.

I saw this on MSN last night but they only speculated on dDos attacks but said it could be days before it's back up. I can't see why anyone would do dDos attacks on a video game network.

I totally forgot about Sony going after him. It sounds a bit small scale for Anonymous but then again it is the type of cause they support. Though they don't usually attack areas that effect users do they? You'd think they'd crash the Sony site or something like that.

I totally forgot about Sony going after him. It sounds a bit small scale for Anonymous but then again it is the type of cause they support. Though they don't usually attack areas that effect users do they? You'd think they'd crash the Sony site or something like that.

they did it a few weeks ago...

Some Anons have said it isn't Anonymous, they did go after the PSN after the whole Geohot thing but then they decided that it was hurting the gamers more than it was hurting Sony so they stopped. It could be a splinter cell of Anons tho.

Well, I certainly hope all PSN users will get money back from this, since they're paying for a service that they aren't.... oh, wait. Apparently they aren't paying for it and it's a bonus feature that Sony has refused from the beginning to guarantee uptime on.

I think I want to go punch a few whiny gamers now.

Some of them might be paying for PSN Plus. IMO they are the only people that have any right to whine right now.

Actually you need to sign into PSN in order to access Netflix through PS3....And netflix I do pay for.

Fortunately Ive been too busy the last few days to watch any netflix films.

Actually you need to sign into PSN in order to access Netflix through PS3....And netflix I do pay for.

Touche. At least if you have a computer you could still get your Netflix tho.

Some of them might be paying for PSN Plus. IMO they are the only people that have any right to whine right now.

there are also a few monthly pay games (DC Universe for example) where those users are losing game time. That game has NO single player campaign as far as I know.

I'm glad i don't game online. Heck the only reason i use xbox live is to get my achievements and buy stuff. i wasted 50.00 getting a year of their gold and i bet when i get my PS3 it will be the free membership.

there are also a few monthly pay games (DC Universe for example) where those users are losing game time. That game has NO single player campaign as far as I know.

It will be interesting to see how Sony fixes something like that. This could turn out to be somewhat expensive for them.

Touche. At least if you have a computer you could still get your Netflix tho.

Yeah, Im not much of a "computer movie watcher"...It's uncomfortable sitting in an office chair watching a movie.
The wife and I would rather relax on the couch in front of a 50" flatscreen.

Actually if you keep clicking past the login errors you can get on netflix after the 3 or 4 try. I watched netflix on my ps3 last night

Yeah, Im not much of a "computer movie watcher"...It's uncomfortable sitting in an office chair watching a movie.
The wife and I would rather relax on the couch in front of a 50" flatscreen.

My wife LOVES Netflix! I also have a rather large TV so I hooked up her laptop to the TV with my PS3's HDMI cord. No remote to the computer but at least it is a good work around.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back