Y-Wing parts ID help

The 189 part was used three times on gold leader... The ILM guys had too much time on their hands!!Yea they were obsessed with airfix kits!

Okay, Julien, this post #50 is starting to confuse me as well, lol! Don, I thought you were referring to the blue part below. I could have sworn that I saw a similar looking part like it in the Everything is Go scans I have. But they are pretty blurry!

http://juliensmodelshop.com/images/y8.jpg

Jamie, thanks for the 189 info! Yet another part I have missed during my 8 hour Airfix scan session a couple of weeks ago! Someone at ILM had a f^cking aircraft gear fetish while building these things! LOL!

Joe

SAM_0423_zpse47ec8f02.jpg

I'm taking a chance of being crucified on this site for not know where this piece is from. I recently purchased a SS Y-wing from someone, but is missing this piece. I've gone through the RPF with a fine toothed comb and cant find where this is from. Anyone?

Thanks

For part 14 I was so sure it was a sensor from a 1/48 Hughes or other helicopter. I didn't find one but maybe extending your search to transparent parts helps at leadt ?
:/

View attachment 369403

I'm taking a chance of being crucified on this site for not know where this piece is from. I recently purchased a SS Y-wing from someone, but is missing this piece. I've gone through the RPF with a fine toothed comb and cant find where this is from. Anyone?

Thanks

I think that's from a Messerschmidt as Rats said, from my research I believe it's a 1:24 Airfix kit. You can see the part here in the bottom right corner (along with a part that we all recognise from the X-Wing droid strip)

airfix%20messerschmitt%20CAE36.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any photos of the underside of Tie Killer? I'm trying to figure out where some of the tubing connects on the bottom such as the one you see in this photo sticking out the bottom at a 90 degree angle. I know it's a tall request since this bird is in a private collectors hands. I know the EFX Y-Wing is modeled after Tie Killer, but all the photos I've seen of it so far have no tubing yet.

Tie Killer Side.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any photos of the underside of Tie Killer? I'm trying to figure out where some of the tubing connects on the bottom such as the one you see in this photo sticking out the bottom at a 90 degree angle. I know it's a tall request since this bird is in a private collectors hands. I know the EFX Y-Wing is modeled after Tie Killer, but all the photos I've seen of it so far have no tubing yet.

View attachment 371454

Doesn't that lower tube connect to a part just in front of the mounting point?

Do you know if it goes on both sides of the ship? I've seen builds with these parts on both sides and some with it on one of the Tie Killer. Can't find a reference photo either way.

I think that's from a Messerschmidt as Rats said, from my research I believe it's a 1:24 Airfix kit. You can see the part here in the bottom right corner (along with a part that we all recognise from the X-Wing droid strip)

http://www.studioscale.com/images/K... messerschmitt/airfix messerschmitt CAE36.jpg

Hi guys! I hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been reading this thread with great interest – and with pen and paper. :D This and other Y-wing threads. I have a SS Y-wing under construction, a Red Jammer with some changes. I am sorry to ruin another Jammer but what can I say, I need something that looks like the filming models. As said, I'm making some alterations but using strictly original donor kits and taking no liberties, I have all but figured out the changes I need to do except for two parts on the starboard side. Also a little help needed on the port side details. If you experts can help me out and point a direction from where to look, I'd be very happy.

I am using the EFX proto as a photo reference, it seems to match the filming models in general as far as I can tell. Image from this thread.

Kit Part Inquiry 1.jpg

The blue part, or parts, #2 could be a starter motor, or something like that in perhaps 1/35th scale. I've gone through all the kit scans I can find, several times, but got nothing. I have some donor kits still in the mail but it's a long shot to find this in them. Something very much like it can be seen on page 4, post #94, of this thread in the center of the cockpit rear plate (inset photo), it's from a smaller scale kit (1/48?) but aside some perhaps scale related differences, it could actually represent the same part.

I have no idea what is going on in the green area #1. Is there a single part or many?

On the right is a detail from the MOM Tour Y-wing, it's an area of which I can't find a better image of. Any help is very welcome.

Thanks!
Vesa

Attachments

• Kit Part Inquiry 1.jpg
    Kit Part Inquiry 1.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 290
Part #2 is from the 8 Rad, actually on the original model it could be cut from a casting of the back head.
Geez! So it is! I thought it might be but the long shaft on the other end threw me off. Thank you very much! 1 to go.

EDIT: #1 is also from 8-Rad. How did I NOT see these? All that remains for now is the reference for the port side.

Last edited:
If it's a Val Aiachi D3A1 it must be the Fujimi Japanese Navy Type 99 Carrier Dive Bomber (released in 1974 -https://www.scalemates.com/kits/326186-fujimi-5a-25-japanese-navy-type-99-carrier-dive-bomber), because the Hasegawa kit wasn't released until 1998 and then with new tooling (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/181...d3a1-type-99-carrier-dive-bomber-val-model-11)

This might explain also why the Hasegawa piece is "not a perfect match, but very close" per Monsieur Tox's post #34.

I don't have the Fujimi kit on hand yet, so that's why I'm guessing here. But once I get it, I can post a picture.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back