Y-Wing parts ID help

Hello guys,

Could you help me with those parts ?

Thank you in advance !

ywingpartID2.jpg

Julien,

Blue arrow is in part from the Airfix Harrier. Don't know the bomb shape off the top of my head though.
HarrierBits_Y-Wing.jpg

Cheers, John

Ah, yes, the one true path to studio scale enlightenment starts and ends with Sealab!

Put another way: when in doubt, Sealab!

Yes i will be on the look out for one in the future for the Sandcrawler , as i don't see anyone offering castings. If i get one I am going to cast it up for future builders.

-James

Julien,

The bomb circled in blue back in post #12 is a Paveway 1 laser guided bomb. It was used by the U.S. in Vietnam. The rear fins are extended to represent the bomb in terminal flight mode. The scale appears to be 1/144.

Cheers.

Dave.

Hi there!
Originally Posted by MonsieurTox
I replied to your PM Mike :)

I need your help again guys !

ypartID1.jpg

ypartID3.jpg

Any chance you know some of those parts ?

Thank you in advance !

I think the green part is from the 1/48 bandai panther.
That orange part might be from the sealab. I'll have to dig it out when I get home
I've been looking for the green part Whiskey thought to be from the Bandai 1/48 Panther. I looked in the sprues but i did not find the part.
There is a part very much alike in the Esci 1/9 BMW R75 bike, but it has lees rivets than the one found on the Y-Wing. I don't own an R75 but I have the NICE-N Y-Wing and the part measures 1,8 x 1,2 cm what makes me believe it is smaller than the BMW R75 part, allthough I cannot be sure.
I believe this might be a part from a truck engine, possibly an AMT long nose truck like the Kenworth T600 or Conventional W925, but I haven't got that kits or been able to get pictures of the sprues. If anyone has these kits could you please corroborate this thought? it would be great:)

Here is the scan of the R75 sprue that's got the part I'm talking about:
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/esci/images/esci_r75_parts2.jpg

This part is also needed for the 5 foot Falcon so it might be a donor kit of other mysterious parts.
I checked other bikes trying to find a similar piece but nothing came up. I haven't been able to check the sprues of the Tamiya 1/6 Honda CB750, if anyone has got that kit it would be great to see some pictures of the sprues.
THIS PART GETS ME MAD!!!So difficult to find! :confused:angry:cry

The last pic, the purple piece in the bottom right is an air cleaner part of a tiger tank. I can't tell the scale, but it's definitely what you'd see on the back of the early tigers. It's the part that would be cemented to the hull of the tank.

FIRST PIC
Yellow - Two pieces. The bottom one I don't know. On top of it is a piece cut out of the Hasegawa 1:72 Sherman bogie wheel part.

Red - Bandai 1:48 Tiger 1 (see attachment), plus Bandai 1:24 Shiden part (hard to make out in the pic, but it's near the center of the sprue).

Purple - Don't know.

Green - Part of it is the side of a scratchbuilt box. On the side of that box is a piece from the Bandai 1:48 Panther G engine (other side of the engine on the other side of this box). Behind that you have a piece from the big Bandai 1:24 Panther (get your wallet ready).

Blue - Don't know.

Orange - Don't know.

SECOND PIC
Blue - From one of the Airfix 1:24 planes - Messerschmitt, Hurricane, Harrier, or Mustang. Can't remember which one.

FOURTH PIC
Purple - Hasegawa 1:72 Gasoline Tank Truck (I didn't find this one, but it was posted publicly a while back).

FIRST PIC
Yellow - Two pieces. The bottom one I don't know. On top of it is a piece cut out of the Hasegawa 1:72 Sherman bogie wheel part.

Red - Bandai 1:48 Tiger 1 (see attachment), plus Bandai 1:24 Shiden part (hard to make out in the pic, but it's near the center of the sprue).

Purple - Don't know.

Green - Part of it is the side of a scratchbuilt box. On the side of that box is a piece from the Bandai 1:48 Panther G engine (other side of the engine on the other side of this box). Behind that you have a piece from the big Bandai 1:24 Panther (get your wallet ready).

Blue - Don't know.

Orange - Don't know.

SECOND PIC
Blue - From one of the Airfix 1:24 planes - Messerschmitt, Hurricane, Harrier, or Mustang. Can't remember which one.

FOURTH PIC
Purple - Hasegawa 1:72 Gasoline Tank Truck (I didn't find this one, but it was posted publicly a while back).

I missed your post for some reason, thank you very much for the help ! :thumbsup

Vegetarian JR, do you have any clearer shots of those Y Wings?

Jedimaster, do you have any more close-up pics of that Y? I just ordered one... :wacko

I'll pm ya some when I get in. It's the standard though not the red. Unless julien wants better angles for these parts?

Last edited:
I'll pm ya some when I get in. It's the standard though not the red. Unless julien wants better angles for these parts?

Much Appreciated. Doesn't matter which version. I like collecting all the pics of them I can get a hold of. I'm kind of obsessed, I guess.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back