POTA: Representing at Starfest with Marcus the gorilla hunt leader

kurtweinreich

In anticipation of the upcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I broke out the POTA gorilla commander for this year's Starfest here in Denver, Colorado this weekend...

Ape2.jpg

This included doing some of the local television promos for the convention. Representing the classic Apes is always a hit...

Ape5.jpg

Doing some of the television clips...

Ape3.jpg

With the news anchor, Dan Deru, dressed as a Klingon for the TV spots...

Ape4.jpg

Here is a link to some of the video from the televission spots. Watch for the Ape...

Video: Starfest 2011 -- KDVR

Continued representing the classic Apes at the studio. Here is one of the greenscreen shots we did for the show...

Ape6.jpg

The highlight of the Ape adventures was getting my picture with actress Morena Baccarin, who liked the costume so much, she stopped signing autographs to take a picture and post it on Twitter, tweeting it was her favorite costume...

Ape7.jpg

In any case, it is always fun to see fans still appreciating the classic Apes. Looking forward promoting the new movie in August.

Thanks for looking...

Hi fellow gorilla soldier :) nice costume. Have you thought about applying a fixer powder to your ugly mug to reduce some of the shine? Also a you've made holes in your nostrils (i assume for breathing purposes) your pink skin is showing through. Might want to black up the tip of your nose. Otherwise, carry on soldier!

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I noticed more things I might change as I saw the pictures come in. It is amazing to see the difference with lighting, direct flash bulbs, etc. It is nice to see the comparison with the video to show what it looked like in "real world" lighting.

A lot of fun, and glad to see the popularity of a movie forty years old.

There HAS to be an Ape gathering somewhere...

The lighting does make a difference, it also stops the gun looking so orange. The slight downward tilt of the head seems to give you the look of the original film somehow. You look like you're about to snort in disgust and slouch off. :D

Love the gorilla! My wife and I are going to be there for the first time this year. I'll have to look out for you, I'd love to get a pic with you in your immortal costume!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back