Twi'lek lekku sculpt

bhodie

Hello everyone, today I started on my very first sculpt! The goal is to end up with a wearable set of Lekku which will be used for a Mission Vao costume. Suggestions and comments are welcomed. (DAY 1)

Last edited:
Re: Lekku sculpt (mission Vao) WIP

So day two has come and gone. I added more clay to the top portion of the head along with giving the head a more egg shape. I also started the "Bone" area that is in between the Lekku tails.

I guess in the end the head piece could be used for a generic twi'lek, Aylaa Secura, or even Oola. However this one will be used for Mission Vao.

without further ado here are a few more pictures.

Last edited:

Cool, you should talk to Twi'Lek Pam. She has done many Twi'Lek's and made ordinary slush cast latex lekku. They look great but don't move. Over the years she has tried many different techniques and materials to build flexible lekku. I believe she tried DragonSkin at one point but found it too heavy. In fact, it's weight caused it to stretch out significantly and look like a dead squid.

Here are some of her posts on the Rebel Legion:
How the screen-used Lekku and Rose Parade Lekku were made
Silicone discussion
Additional silicone notes
Her Twi'Lek website/build diary

I actually have a set of Pam's Lekku that she made this past September 2010. They have some flexability but pretty much stay as is. I'll check out those links and see what tips I can pick up. I actually have so many pictures, notes, and threads bookmarked it makes my head spin. :wacko

So day three has come and gone...Today I decided to work a little bit on the actual brain tails (lekku). My initial plan is to first cover pieces of foam with a thin layer of clay. Then I plan on using thin flexible wire that will insert inside the clay covered foam. By using wire in-between each piece I hope to achieve the curvature I'm looking for, while providing extra support. Then of course clay will cover the in between sections.

Below are pictures of the foam before, and then after I covered them with clay. Laying on top of the clay is one of the flexible wires I mentioned earlier. One detail I did not photograph is covering the foam with a thin wire mesh material. This made the clay adhere to the foam and not slide/fall off.

So this weekend I was able to make more progress with the Lekku sculpt. I started by adding more clay to the back of the head. So with the build up of clay I was able to attach one of the tails. The attached photos show the tail attached and other progress I've made. However with all the progress made I did hit a snag. I'm now out of clay...for now.

A small update for those who are following...

I made some small adjustments on the tail portion by smoothing out some of the areas. I wanted to lower the tail a bit and not make the arch so high. I also wanted to see areas where I need to add more clay before the new supply arrives. I should receive my new supply of clay today. I'll post more pictures in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

For those following this build; I've sculpted the other lekku and attached it to the base. Currently I am in the process of smoothing it out while adding clay where it's needed. In the upcoming week I will be ordering the mold supplies and the latex for some pulls. Any feedback is welcomed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello all...
Well, it's been a while since my last post, but progress has been made. Let me know what you think...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back