Game of Thrones

I was going to make a House Clegane sigil with the words "Every ****ing Chicken" and a chicken leg icon. But I couldn't get the damn sigil-maker thing to work.

Little Finger...the master schemer

coerced Lysa to poison her husband making it look like Cersei/Jamie did so to prevent the truth of Joffery's lineage from getting out
which led to him setting up Ned Stark for a beheading after convincing Ned Stark he had his back
and then sucessfully framed Tyrion for Joffery's poisoning

well played

Also, Cersei and Margarey seem a bit too friendly. In fact Cersei in general during that episode seemed much more sympathetic.

The thing about Cersei is that, in spite of how awful her character is, the one thing you can always say about her is that she loves her children unconditionally, and will do ANYTHING to protect them (or at least do what she thinks is protecting them). Even when her paranoia is at its most heightened, she still acts in what she thinks is the best interests of her kids (however warped her perspective may be).

I can't imagine how she'd think that Margaery marrying Tommen is in the kid's best interest though. In the family's after the talk with Tywin, but not specifically benefitting the king. Both of Margaery's previous kingly husbands died rather awful deaths before consummation, you'd think Cersei would see her as a bit of a black widow or a jinx or something.

It's odd that they're completely ignoring (so far as it seems) that prophesy Cersei heard as a kid about how she'd be Queen until one younger and more beautiful replaced her. She's going to go from utterly hating Margaery to being friendly in this episode to trading sexual favors for perjury against Margaery to get the little tart removed. It's very inconsistent.

I can't imagine how she'd think that Margaery marrying Tommen is in the kid's best interest though. In the family's after the talk with Tywin, but not specifically benefitting the king. Both of Margaery's previous kingly husbands died rather awful deaths before consummation, you'd think Cersei would see her as a bit of a black widow or a jinx or something.

It's odd that they're completely ignoring (so far as it seems) that prophesy Cersei heard as a kid about how she'd be Queen until one younger and more beautiful replaced her. She's going to go from utterly hating Margaery to being friendly in this episode to trading sexual favors for perjury against Margaery to get the little tart removed. It's very inconsistent.

Not so in the books, she's just been too busy right now to really give the prophesy much thought but she'll have more time on her hands for such reflection later on.

I think you have to question how genuine her overature to Maergery was last night. Like, how much of it was heartfelt, and how much of it is subtle manipulation.

Same deal with the Red Viper conversation, actually, although I think she's more genuine in that one.

I thought the whole Jon and Bran thing with Craster's keep was kind of pointless. Most changes/additions to the show I don't mind or even prefer, but that thing went nowhere. Jon did not meet up with Bran which initially seemed like where they were trying to go with it.

The story was not really advanced for any of the characters involved.

The white walker scene could easy have been gotten by just having the women left their do the offering.

It seems like they just needed some filler to give those characters some more screen time and needed some action scenes during a "lull" in the season

It's also a casualty of using 2/3 of "A Storm of Swords" for season 3 that they have to pad things out with filler to end season 4 where aSoS ends. They've already used up most of Dany's story from the book and we're only halfway through this season. People complaining that she's done nothing but walk are in for a treat now that she's going to do nothing but sit. Obviously they'll take stuff from book 5 for her, which just means we'll get a lot more filler for her story next season :(

Reading reviews on the episode someone suggested that Cersei's being chummy with Maegery was just for Mace Tyrell's benefit. That makes much more sense to me, since we saw her directly trying to convince Tywin and Oberyn to vote against Tyrion.

1. Re: the Craster's expedition.

This was done largely to provide an action sequence at the mid-point. It's due to pacing and plotting, and the fact that the third book crams a TON of action in at the end of it. Several battles, duels, and other momentous events all get dealt with back-to-back-to-back in rapid-fire succession. But the problem is that the setup for it takes a bit.

Character-wise, I think it does do one bit where it really showcases Bran's determination to head north, and his growing powers. Right here, he has a chance to go be safe with Jon, to give up his quest, which -- let's not forget -- is based on a vague dream and Jojen's interpretations and greensight. It's sort of a "Frodo" moment where he has to decide "Do I pack it in, or keep going?" A younger Bran, the one who moped in bed after being crippled, the one who sulked at Winterfell while bored with menial tasks of ruling, that Bran would've gone back to the wall with Jon. This Bran, however, has a mission and is committed to it.

Plot-wise, the only thing I think this does is stretch out the season a bit until we get to a few other Jon moments. Plus, Jon needs to be recently wounded and not at 100% for the upcoming bits, but time had passed too far in the season already, what with him showing up at Castle Black at the very end of last season. So, this provides another opportunity to do that.

2. Re: Dany.

I have NO idea what they're gonna do to fill the time with her while she sits. As for the people saying "Oh man! She's gonna go back to Westeros now!!!" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha That's cute. :)

3. Re: Cersei.

I think her discussions with Maergery, Tywin, and Oberon served two purposes. I think she genuinely wanted to have people supporting her family and her kids, so that part is legit. But she also clearly wants to influence the trial without saying "So....you're gonna vote to behead Tyrion, right? 'Cause he needs to die. I mean, he REALLY needs to die. Like, yesterday. K?"

4. Re: future seasons.

Prior to having read them, I assumed that they'd do Books 4 and 5 chronologically over appx. 4 seasons. Having read Book 4...I don't think there's enough for 2-seasons worth of Book 4 material. TONS of Book 4 is description and internal monologue, much of which will play out in behavior, meaningful looks, etc. and otherwise be turned into 2 seconds of acting rather than 5 pages of narrative. I think they'll end up creating a lot more scenes designed to showcase the types of things the books do, if not necessarily to show exactly what the books did. Some things will obviously change, like Brienne's travels. Since many of the foes she faces on that journey simply don't appear in the show, they'll have to create new characters to fill the void, like how they created Locke to fill the role of Vargo "Thapphireth" Hoat.

It's been too long since I read 4 and 5, they kind of blur together. I don't recall much of anything Brienne did until her last (so far) scene. Is Vargo still kicking in the books? Now that Locke is a goner that could leave room to bring in Hoat if he's still around.

I remember so little actually, now that I think about it. I've got most of the major plot points stored away but this series didn't get the multiple rereads from me that others like Wheel of Time did.

69165.jpg

And now I hear lyrics to the game of Thrones Theme - Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hooodor Hodor Hodorr HodorHodor HodorHodor...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back