Game of Thrones

I thought she was sailing to Dorne but Dragonstone makes the most sense now that Stannis is gone

Nice to see her story probably won't drag on wasting time in Dorne

Maybe have Dorne invade the Stormlands while she invades from Dragonstone with the Unsullied to pincer move King's Landing?

Though I don't see an extended campaign going on. I'm sure they know about the eradication of the Tyrells, who may also grudgingly fight alongside Dany, but with such a shift in the Lanister powerbase and distrust of Cersei, I could almost see a full on show of force from the Blackwater and north of KL that there may be a revolt inside.

Can't wait either. Disappointed it will be two shortened seasons with a looooong wait in between, but still looking forward to it

I'd rather they just out all 13 episodes into 1 season, even if it meant waiting a few more months

Can't wait either. Disappointed it will be two shortened seasons with a looooong wait in between, but still looking forward to it

The reason I remember hearing for this was that they had an overall length in mind (in hours) that they didn't want the show to run past, which sounds like total nonsense to me. I'm sure producing a show like this, with all of the talent involved and with all of the costs, even with what it makes back, must be a real beast. I can't help but wonder the real reason these seasons have been cut short. They've taken their time with the show, why rush it now? Are they trying to end it so they can start work on all of these spinoffs?

The reason I remember hearing for this was that they had an overall length in mind (in hours) that they didn't want the show to run past, which sounds like total nonsense to me. I'm sure producing a show like this, with all of the talent involved and with all of the costs, even with what it makes back, must be a real beast. I can't help but wonder the real reason these seasons have been cut short. They've taken their time with the show, why rush it now? Are they trying to end it so they can start work on all of these spinoffs?

Fewer episodes = more money for production values on dragons, ice zombies, and battles. It also means fewer episodes where nothing much seems to happen. This show has been smart about not having many of those, but there have been a few. I would rather have a shorter season with a higher badassery to minutes ratio than a longer season with a handful of meh thrown in.

Fewer episodes = more money for production values on dragons, ice zombies, and battles. It also means fewer episodes where nothing much seems to happen. This show has been smart about not having many of those, but there have been a few. I would rather have a shorter season with a higher badassery to minutes ratio than a longer season with a handful of meh thrown in.

Although I like that theory, I suspect that they really only have about 1 season's worth of material to shoot but by cutting the season in half they can milk the show for one more season.

Yeah, I'd suspect a scheduling decision.

I think between the two seasons they have something like 13-15 episodes total. A bit longer than their usual 10 episodes per season, but it probably also means less stuff like the dithering in Dorne.

In essence they have about a season and a half (maybe a little less) of material. Splitting the seasons lets them probably finish everything out location-wise (e.g., they can film both seasons' stuff in Malta, both seasons' stuff in Greenland, both seasons' stuff in Northern Ireland, etc.), instead of having to run everyone around to each location twice. And it lets them air two separate seasons, which means people will keep their HBO subscriptions that much longer.

The cover story from last week's EW made it seem like they haven't filmed any S8 stuff, though it did sound like the basic story outlines were done, if not fully fleshed out scripts. Also it seems like what's not being shot in Belfast has mostly been filmed in Spain for this season and continuing into next.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back