Game of Thrones

Last night felt pretty meh. The big highlight was the last scene, but other than that I didn't feel it was an extremely strong season opener.

Soooo this! The entire tone of this episode seemed off. I know there were quite a few story arcs to touch on but It felt rushed and nothing really happened other than the Dorne Scene and The Red Woman's Knee Boobs!!!

Yeah, crashing random parties as a celebrity is all well and good, so long as she keeps an eye on her surroundings and does her research ahead of time.

Sorry, I spent the day with my nieces and am a bit more protective than usual.

Anyone disappointed with where the Dorne storyline is heading?

Although I do believe that the characters with the simplest plans tend to live longer:

1. Breinne- Serve a lady Stark
2. Podric- Serve a knight
3. Cersei/Jamie- Inbreed like crazy
4. Arya- Kill a small list of people. (Make the list smaller)
5. The Mountain- ...............(.......)
6. Theon- Stay in one piece...
7. Sand Snakes- Kille the Lannister's (mostly)
8. Hodor-...Hodor...(Hodor) (Hodor)

I was disappointed with their no nonsense fight. I want to see that whip in action, if you know what I mean...I miss you raised eyebrows emoji...:popcorn

Last edited:
Excellent points. Ellaria's whole revenge plot against Cersei makes no sense, really. It was Tywin who was ultimately responsible for Elia and Oberyn dying. Also, killing Doran and Trystane wont help Ellaria or the Sand Snakes win over the people of Dorne. In the books at least Arriane's plot to overthrow her father due to a misconeption at least made sense. The TV show really doesnt seem to know what to do with these characters. I was hoping if they can't do anything great, then they'd just leave them alone. I'm wondering now if Dorne even has a part to play in the end at all.

Cersei was the reason oberyn went into the duel. He hated the whole family other than super imp. He gave him the main stage to show the people what that family have done. Plus she had picked the mountain herself to fight. Which was an added bonus at a chance to kill the man who carried out the order. Oh there is much hate for that bitch with the snakes. The Dorne people or atleast the soldiers are on their side. With those death the crown falls to the oldest daughter. To me it was highlight to a pretty dull episode.

Last edited:
Can't say much else other than I agree with the Dorne plot...so sad:cry, I REALLY wanted to hear Doran's speech over being "the grass that hides the viper" and seeing HIS plans come to fruition that seems(ed), like they were going somewhere. UGH. No coup attempt...well not the one I wanted to see that way you could validate Aero Hotah vs going out like a punk. I liked Ellaria from season 4 and wish they would have just stuck with Arianne for season 5/6. I like the Sand Snakes, but the execution done with them plotwise seems...rather weak and makes them seem petty, versus intelligent, cold, calculating women ready to play their parts.

Good stuff there at the end. Really seems that not only Melisandre is losing her faith but perhaps her power as well(maybe finally succombing to age), she looked quite weary as well. Or maybe she always did that when retiring for the night. I wonder if her "last act" in the world will be her doing.....:ninja .
I do like her losing faith as a bit of her character arch. How in the beginning she was so confident, so sure of herself and her mission but cannot successfully carry them out. Where you have Thoros(fellow Red Priest for those who may not remember), pretty much a non-practicing priest, performs an act that she didn't even think was possible(Beric's resurrections). Between that and her reading the fires wrong, she is lost and probably scared. I think she also mentioned before that she didn't need warmer clothes because the Red God kept her warm...yet here we have her crawling into bed and under blankets...metaphor anyone?

Yes, Rickon. Osha was taking him to the Skagos islands on the north's east coast, for protection(I think in the show, they were going to Last Hearth, home of the Umbers, Robb's strongest supporters). Yea, he disappeared just as early on in the books as well. One of the popular theories is that he is who the North will rally behind(in the books), to retake the North with/for. In the show, it appears to be Sansa, but I don't(I hope), that his story isn't over or forgotten for much longer.

Thanks! As soon as I asked that I started to remember that Osha took him because Bran and Co. were heading into dangerous territory. It takes so freaking long for a new season that it's hard to keep track!

Good stuff there at the end. Really seems that not only Melisandre is losing her faith but perhaps her power as well(maybe finally succombing to age), she looked quite weary as well. Or maybe she always did that when retiring for the night. I wonder if her "last act" in the world will be her doing.....:ninja .
I do like her losing faith as a bit of her character arch. How in the beginning she was so confident, so sure of herself and her mission but cannot successfully carry them out. Where you have Thoros(fellow Red Priest for those who may not remember), pretty much a non-practicing priest, performs an act that she didn't even think was possible(Beric's resurrections). Between that and her reading the fires wrong, she is lost and probably scared. I think she also mentioned before that she didn't need warmer clothes because the Red God kept her warm...yet here we have her crawling into bed and under blankets...metaphor anyone?

In the book it implied that the ruby in her necklace was the source of at least some of her glamours since it glowed, and when she was disguising Mance as Lord of the Bones he was wearing a gemstone on his wrist. She also had the bit about making Stannis sword appear as if it was Lightbringer, but Maester Aemon mentioned it being cold to the touch

So the "unveiling" wasn't too much of a surprise.

That scene did do a good job of showing that she has pretty lost much of her faith and is giving up

Hopefully she wasn't wrong about Jon

In the book it implied that the ruby in her necklace was the source of at least some of her glamours since it glowed, and when she was disguising Mance as Lord of the Bones he was wearing a gemstone on his wrist. She also had the bit about making Stannis sword appear as if it was Lightbringer, but Maester Aemon mentioned it being cold to the touch

So the "unveiling" wasn't too much of a surprise.

That scene did do a good job of showing that she has pretty lost much of her faith and is giving up

Hopefully she wasn't wrong about Jon

Very true, I remember that stuff too, except for her faking Lightbringer, I should have clarified that I meant for "just show viewers" :facepalm,

yc1aan9.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back