Game of Thrones

The Tyrells are well positioned enough that they don't need to marry Margaery to Joffrey. They just need her to marry "a" king. Meanwhile, the Lannisters need the Tyrells and their finances and military forces. So, Joffrey dies and everyone "wins."

So what would be the point of killing Jofferey before consummation? More to gain from him getting to seal the deal...:popcorn

a couple reasons...( I put in spoiler tags just in case)

Co-conspirators..

Lady Olenna wants to spare Maegary from having to spend her life with the monster that Joffery is, and any potential harm that might come to her from him. Remember that conversation she had with Sansa where they asked her what kind of person Joffery was and when she said he was a monster, Lady Olenna comments something like "oh...that's too bad". I don't think Lady Olenna was too fond of the matchup from the start. It was more of her son's idea to marry his daughter to Joffery and his aspirations related to the power from joining his family to the king's

Plus there is always another Barathean queued up Margaery can be wed to instead.

Petyr just wants to stir things up as much as possible and would benefit from the potential chaos that could ensue which fits his plans. You'll be seeing more on those later this season

a couple reasons...( I put in spoiler tags just in case)

Co-conspirators..

Lady Olenna wants to spare Maegary from having to spend her life with the monster that Joffery is, and any potential harm that might come to her from him. Remember that conversation she had with Sansa where they asked her what kind of person Joffery was and when she said he was a monster, Lady Olenna comments something like "oh...that's too bad". I don't think Lady Olenna was too fond of the matchup from the start. It was more of her son's idea to marry his daughter to Joffery and his aspirations related to the power from joining his family to the king's

Plus there is always another Barathean queued up Margaery can be wed to instead.

Petyr just wants to stir things up as much as possible and would benefit from the potential chaos that could ensue which fits his plans. You'll be seeing more on those later this season

There's the added bonus of:

There were limits to how much Joffrey could be manipulated. Margaery could manipulate him better than Cersei could, but the little psycho was still headstrong. Tommen's younger and pretty much the opposite of Joffrey so he'd be much easier to pulls the strings of. Joffrey fought every time someone wanted him to do something, Tommen will blindly sign anything put in front of him.

Was petyr even at the wedding? I don't recall seeing his mean mugging face around or I am going blind.

Thanks to those that used the spoiler tags / warnings.

I must have missed something. When did Roose teach Theon his new name, Reek?

That wasn't Roose Bolton, that was his illegitimate ******* son, Ramsey Snow. First episode of the season, he tortures Theon continuously until he's a broken man and will do whatever Ramsey says so that he won't torture him again.

That wasn't Roose Bolton, that was his illegitimate ******* son, Ramsey Snow. First episode of the season, he tortures Theon continuously until he's a broken man and will do whatever Ramsey says so that he won't torture him again.

Right. Ramsey. Sorry. The first episode of this season? I don't remember that. How could I have missed it??? :confused

Right. Ramsey. Sorry. The first episode of this season? I don't remember that. How could I have missed it??? :confused

First episode of last season. Season 3.

We're currently in Season 4.

The torture took place over the entire season, with the Reek moniker coming in during the last episode of season 3.

I like the phrase "illegitimate *******" to describe him. At first blush, it appears redundant. But when you think about it, it's pretty accurate. ;)

The funny thing about that is that in the books we don't introduced to "Reek" until book 5, Theon is MIA in all of book 3 and book 4 doesn't cover the North.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back