Game of Thrones

I doubt they'll stretch it out that badly, I seem to recall they were saying 7-8 seasons max to not wear out their popularity. With some of aFFC and aDWD likely making it into season 4 I would be surprised if they took more than 3 seasons for those books, and even then that may be a bit much.

It'll be interesting to see though, since GRRM specifically split the geography of the books to not end that section of story in the middle for the characters, which the tv structure will necessitate.

It's not as though the narratives for many of these characters actually ENDED in book 4, and they DID leave a major cliffhanger anyway in that book which severely pissed me off
Leaving Brienne with the noose around her neck. REALLY?!

That cliffhanger was resolved in book 5, sorta.

And yeah, no one's narrative ends in books 4 and 5 (relatively speaking) but there are more natural end points for the arcs as things were presented in the books than doing it chronologically split over two books as GRRM didn't want to do. Can't think of a decent mid point for a season break in a lot of the stories offhand. That's also not accounting for the embellishing of Bran, Arya, and Sansa's stories that are sure to come given the few chapters they got in the latest books.

It's not as though the narratives for many of these characters actually ENDED in book 4, and they DID leave a major cliffhanger anyway in that book which severely pissed me off
Leaving Brienne with the noose around her neck. REALLY?!

That's like a nine year old cliffhanger at this point. What the hell George?

Last Jamie chapter in Dance with Dragons takes place after the last Brienne chapter in Feast for Crows, it's not exactly a cliffhanger.

Also
when asked about it GRRM confirmed that the word she shouted was "sword."

You're crazy and enjoy your death by snu snu

hehe, well thats the risk I'm willing to take

76d75654-5ab6-4807-98f1-4ed1f668daa.jpg

and Ros was the hottest red head south of the wall till the mad Joffrey got of hold of her. Someday he will pay for her death

Game-of-Thrones-game-of-thrones-32364093-700-467_zps19cdda2f.jpg

and Ros was the hottest red head south of the wall till the mad Joffrey got of hold of her. Someday he will pay for her death

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...e-of-thrones-32364093-700-467_zps19cdda2f.jpg

Sweet mother of Zeus yes, though overall, Ygritte is the hotter redhead. "You know nothing, Jon Snuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh"

I loved Ros. Such a cunning thing, working her way up to being Baelish's assistant. Shame that Cersei is the one who threatened her life if Tyrion didn't play along, because she thought that Ros was the one that Tyrion was in love with. So Cersei deserves a nasty death as well, given that she carried out that threat and let Joffrey go to town.

Going by what we've seen in the trailer for S4, at least 2 characters are already doing things that happen in books 4 and 5. The show is definitely doing their own pacing, which really seems to work. Now that we're getting an intro to the Martells and hopefully the rest of the Dorne storyline, I really hope we get to see some more of the Greyjoy family soon.

As an aside... Lindsey Sterling and Peter Hollens did a fantastic cover of the GoT theme using nothing but his voice, her violin, and her stomping (for drum beats)

Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm partial to this one myself:

The covers are nice overall, but I usually follow them up with the real version, which is just godly epic compared to any of the covers.

I really need to sit down and re-watch season three. I got the Blu-ray set a week or so ago, I haven't watched it yet. Definitely have to do it before S4 begins.

Oh yeah, and one of my absolute favorite scenes in the series is the total bro moment between Tyrion, Bronn, and Podrick.

Podrick is the man...

Wasn't it little finger who left ros for Joffrey to kill? I could be mistaken, but I recall he told Joffrey he left something to play with after he found out that ros betrayed him. The next scene was he tied up with a few arrows in her.

Wasn't it little finger who left ros for Joffrey to kill? I could be mistaken, but I recall he told Joffrey he left something to play with after he found out that ros betrayed him. The next scene was he tied up with a few arrows in her.
Yep... He explains it all to Varys, once he learned she was spying for Varys. It is at the end of the episode "the climb". I liked Ros :(

I liked her, too, but I also "like" that they killed her. The Game is dangerous, and more people than just kings should die when playing it. For a spymaster to have an asset be liquidated seems pretty realistic.

That episode is also the one where I changed my opinion of Littlefinger. I liked his cunning originally, but after that one, when I saw he'd happily plunge the realm into chaos if only to use that to open a passage for his rise...that one got me.

I tend to think that he and Varys are mirror images of each other. Varys is cunning and manipulative, but he does so for the realm -- even at the expense of the current king (whomever that may be). Littlefinger is cunning and manipulative, but he does so purely for his own gain. Both are amoral, both are brilliant, both are willing to do terrible things (or at least set them in motion), but each has a very very different motivation.

I still like Littlefinger as a character, but I don't like him as a person, ya know?

I haven't been in this thread because I don't have TV so I'm always behind on what's happening with the latest show. I started reading the books when they 1st came out and have been impatiently waiting for 6&7. :) I just finished season 3, dam that was AWESOME! I was talking to a friend that had never seen it (and is not at all into the genre) and he asked to borrow the 1st season from me. I gave it to him at 6pm, he called the next morning at 8am asking for season 2! :lol he was up all night watching it, addictive :popcorn:devil
I think this is the best thing to come from TV (cable or otherwise) in many, many years :cool:thumbsup

I liked her, too, but I also "like" that they killed her. The Game is dangerous, and more people than just kings should die when playing it. For a spymaster to have an asset be liquidated seems pretty realistic.

That episode is also the one where I changed my opinion of Littlefinger. I liked his cunning originally, but after that one, when I saw he'd happily plunge the realm into chaos if only to use that to open a passage for his rise...that one got me.

I tend to think that he and Varys are mirror images of each other. Varys is cunning and manipulative, but he does so for the realm -- even at the expense of the current king (whomever that may be). Littlefinger is cunning and manipulative, but he does so purely for his own gain. Both are amoral, both are brilliant, both are willing to do terrible things (or at least set them in motion), but each has a very very different motivation.

I still like Littlefinger as a character, but I don't like him as a person, ya know?

I'm with you on this; I think Varys is the more 'noble' or 'moral' of the two, if you want to call it that. They are both equally cunning and powerful, but Varys has more empathy and a higher purpose for his moves, which, in it's way, is admirable.

(P.S. I wish I could master both of their amazing Poker Faces!)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back