Game of Thrones

my+body+is+ready+_5d3d09e3053a636f234297e2fc040fe8.jpg

call me crazy but I think Brienne of Tarth is the hottest chick in the seven kingdoms. Such a hot tall sexy woman and knows how to handle a sword

The actress who plays her is incredibly sexy. They definitely made TV show Brienne far more comely than book Brienne.

Yes, thats true. After all the talk of making the show less fantastic than the books and more realistic, its still a Hollywood production, and they cast attractive people, as you'd expect.

The actress who plays Brienne is Gwendoline Christie.

She's just tall and healthily proportional for a woman of her height, as opposed to being some emaciated runway or lingerie model. I expect she also bulks up for the show, working out and such, and the armor also makes her look bulkier. Plus, they dirty her up and muss her hair for the show, and the short hair makes her look somewhat more masculine.

Seriously, just do a google image search for her and look at the pictures of her with long hair. In those, she just looks like a tall, athletic woman, and an attractive one at that.

More to the point, though, I think she's AWESOME as Brienne. She really captures the stubborn sense of duty, and respect for honor that will surely end up getting Brienne killed in the long run. :)

Ditto: I think she captures the part brilliantly. At least she can actually take part in a sword fight and make it look convincing and as if she has some of the necessary strength and experience to wield a broadsword. Those things are heavy!! I've seen more then a few people who try to shoot traditional bows and wield swords thinking it looks simple only to put them down rather quickly and somewhat chastened later. Anyone really interested in weaponry should go to the Leeds Armoury in the UK and look at whats on display there. It is what helps make GOT so shockingly thrilling, the combat is often so very brief ,brutally violent and unbelievably real.
I read the bulk of the books before the TV series came out and virtually all the actors have supassed my expectations of them ,as has the entire production, which keeps improving on every level with every season. Its magnifcently entertaining TV and I can rewatch the entire series each year before the next is released without ever getting bored by them. It thoroughly deserves all the praise it gets, and even the alterations to the original novel timeline actually have improved the way the story flows as far as I'm concerned. There are few things in life I look forward to with such anticipation as a new series of Game of Thrones.

TBH, I finished book 5 shortly after it came out and haven't touched the series since for any kind of reread. At this point I don't know how many nits I could pick about major differences post red-wedding.

Books 4 and 5 were kind of mess with splitting things between the stuff in the south and the Iron Islands in book 4 and the stuff in the North and Dany's story in book 5.

I'm looking forward to how they could condense and streamline this in the show and have things concurrently happening

Books 4 and 5 were kind of mess with splitting things between the stuff in the south and the Iron Islands in book 4 and the stuff in the North and Dany's story in book 5.

I'm looking forward to how they could condense and streamline this in the show and have things concurrently happening

My guess is they take the two books and tell them side-by-side, chronologically, and then you get about 1/4 of each book as a season, meaning the books will take appx. 4 seasons to get through. Maybe 3 if they condense things. This gives Martin a bit of time before they "lap" him, too.

I doubt they'll stretch it out that badly, I seem to recall they were saying 7-8 seasons max to not wear out their popularity. With some of aFFC and aDWD likely making it into season 4 I would be surprised if they took more than 3 seasons for those books, and even then that may be a bit much.

It'll be interesting to see though, since GRRM specifically split the geography of the books to not end that section of story in the middle for the characters, which the tv structure will necessitate.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back