Game of Thrones

Just finished Season 3, I'm HOOKED! So glad I don't have to wait a whole year like so many.

Also, I was inspired to make this:

targaryanp3.jpg

Not quite finished with it yet.

I'm new to 3D modeling, so this has been a fun exercise!

It makes perfect sense. They have what they consider to be a standard length for a trailer. This one will be longer than that standard length. Therefore, its extended. But hey, if it makes you feel better to pick nits over getting to see more of a peek at a great show than you normally would, have at it. Whatever floats your boat.

So, how ****ed up did you find the Red Wedding?
Hehe. When I got to that part in the books, I almost quit reading. It was like going through the stages of grief, and only after acceptance was I able to keep reading. Amazing when an author can do that. So of course, I was giggling like an idiot when it aired, so I could see everyone else's reactions. It was still hard to watch, but at least I knew what was coming.

I need to stop watching critically acclaimed drama shows. I just had another Red Wedding moment with the season 4 finale of Dexter. oh god... *goes away to cry*

I'd kind of spoiled myself on the Red Wedding with the books, and had read the book first. I watched it with friends who'd read the books years ago and were watching through the series. We all needed a few minutes to sit and collect ourselves after we watched it.

It was brutal to read, but it was somehow less large-scale and more brutal to watch.

Followed by the scarlet, burgundy, maroon, and mauve weddings :)

I'm curious to see what they're going to do adapting books 4 and 5. Obviously they'll do things in chronological order so half the cast isn't missing for a whole season or so, but with so much going on I wouldn't be surprised if it spans more than two seasons for those books. With all the Theon stuff they're inserting in the show they'll probably pad out the Stark kids' stories on the show as well which I wouldn't mind.

Well since Westeros isn't the UK all the accents could be wrong.

I mean it's obvious he grew up with an American accent and is putting a false one on, trying to blend with the largely UK cast who only have to put a slight twist on their native accents if any twist at all.

Also, she's 16. Just saying.

I know. But my point is that the books take place in a shorter span of time than the show apparently does. In the books, isn't Arya still a lot younger than 16?

I was being a smartass about the accents ;)

My point was more about commenting on a minor's chest size than rationalizing why there's a chest to comment on.

But yeah, at this point in the books' narrative she's ten. Daenerys is only 15 at the same time. Given the constant nudity and sex for her in the books they upped the ages of the children to make things less icky for modern sensibilities.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back