Game of Thrones

Well, I just wanted to make sure people knew it was a possible spoiler. At first look, seems like a great casting choice. I'm not familiar with the actor at all, but as soon as I saw him, I knew who he must be playing. I love it when an actor who is cast looks just like the character to me. Thats pretty much how my mind's eye envisioned him when I was reading the books.

How spoileriffic is it if you haven't read books 4 or 5? Is this about a character introduced in those books, or about a character we've heard about but have yet to see? Or what?

How spoileriffic is it if you haven't read books 4 or 5? Is this about a character introduced in those books, or about a character we've heard about but have yet to see? Or what?

This casting news will spoil the reveal that happens in book 5, but this character has "technically" appeared since book 1/season 1.

This casting news will spoil the reveal that happens in book 5, but this character has "technically" appeared since book 1/season 1.

Are you sure this isn't a re-casting of a character who appeared very briefly in the pilot episode, and then has been discussed several times since then but has yet to appear?

Gotcha. Just checking. Having a tough time wracking my brain as far as who would've been discussed in earlier books but makes an appearance in Book 5. I really am just gonna have to buy and read through books 4 and 5 before the new season kicks off.

You might as well. At this point they are advancing certain story lines so much that you've already seen some book 5 stuff in season 3 of the show.

Just as a quick FYI for anybody who has been waiting for Book 5 e-book to come down in price, it's now $6.95 or $7.95 from it's original price of $11 - $14, I guess that's because the paperback is (finally) coming out tomorrow.

I'm curious who you are thinking of here. I'm not coming up with anything...

Benjen Stark?

No kidding, Riceball. The ebook prices dropped hard. I guess being a little slow reading these is paying off.

At least now I know what to expect for Season 4's penultimate episode, though I feel like they may have to pad a little to make that actually occur in episode 9. Am I misremembering, or have they not laid out anything for a B-plot that happens right after that all goes down? Wondering if they're going to go with the build-up to the scene in the epilogue during the season, or just spring it on people at the end like the book did.

Benjen Stark?

If they announced casting news, then that'd be a re-casting because Benjen appeared in the pilot episode just before he set off beyond the Wall.

Anyway, looking forward to FINALLY getting the 5th book in paperback, so that I can read it alongside Book 4 and do the books in chronological order (rather than publication order). Anyone have any thoughts on whether that'll be a better or worse experience than basic publication order?

And you had been asking about it being a recast, so I assumed you were thinking Benjen before it was clarified otherwise.

I'd honestly never considered reading the two concurrently and hopping from book to book for chronological order. For my first go through I'm thinking I'll just do publication order since that's how many readers had to do it, but it may be worth a go doing it chronological the second time. A quick Google of orders indicated switching books almost every chapter and sometimes skipping ahead then going backwards later. More than I want to deal with at the moment, but it could be a fun read. At least I'd be back to the interesting POV characters faster that way.

Hello! I'm new to this forum and was told that someone in this thread or on this forum had a talent for making Game of Thrones costumes? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Game of Thrones actors posing with their action figures is adorable

ku-xlarge.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back