Game of Thrones

Main characters may come and go, but the events that are triggered by their passing is really what it is. Its all a butterfly effect. The more you scratch the surface, the more you start to uncover and unravel, what you thought was the truth you find is not. You form opinions of people only to have them changed as you start to learn different sides of the story

I think that I is what makes this stand out more than most other stories

Sure Ned was a main character in the book and we learn a lot from his story, but without his death, things don't really go anywhere. The main characters that get killed off aren't wasted character development because their deaths typically snowball into more events and knowing what lead up to those events is a useful part of the story

I blame Catelyn, she is pretty much responsible for everything bad that has happened to the Starks

Main characters may come and go, but the events that are triggered by their passing is really what it is. Its all a butterfly effect. The more you scratch the surface, the more you start to uncover and unravel, what you thought was the truth you find is not. You form opinions of people only to have them changed as you start to learn different sides of the story

I think that I is what makes this stand out more than most other stories

Sure Ned was a main character in the book and we learn a lot from his story, but without his death, things don't really go anywhere. The main characters that get killed off aren't wasted character development because their deaths typically snowball into more events and knowing what lead up to those events is a useful part of the story

I blame Catelyn, she is pretty much responsible for everything bad that has happened to the Starks

Totally agree. Plus, it goes to show that George Martin did a good job with writing the characters if you got all upset at their deaths. It's a lot more meaningful in a book, movie, or TV show when a character that you've gotten to know and love is killed off off as opposed to the guest star of the week or some minor character that's only been in a few pages of a book.

The actor who plays Bran is really going through a growth spurt. He's going to look ridiculous if they still have him on Hodor's back or even riding in that wheelbarrow thing.

e32601082f9211e3a40622000aeb0bd4_8.jpg

You know I can deal with that... All these awesome shows/ sports are back on Bears/Bulls/Blackhawks.. Walking Dead/ Boardwalk Empire/ South Park/ Homeland/ Eastbound and down/ SOA.. New season of shameless in Jan/ Archer in Feb/ the american in Jan so I got plenty of stuff to watch to keep my mind occupied by other meaningless tv lmao

Okay, that was worth watching. Damn, I want to see that movie now.

Just finished Clash of Kings tonight, debating on how much of Storm of Swords I want to read before the next season starts.

Okay, that was worth watching. Damn, I want to see that movie now.

Just finished Clash of Kings tonight, debating on how much of Storm of Swords I want to read before the next season starts.

Go ahead and read. Your comprehension and appreciation of S03 will only increase...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Well not sure if I want to read the whole thing or just the half that S3 covered. Probably read the whole thing, it's just been interesting to read after having watched as opposed to the other way 'round.

Well not sure if I want to read the whole thing or just the half that S3 covered. Probably read the whole thing, it's just been interesting to read after having watched as opposed to the other way 'round.

The problem is S03 has been mixing up chapters of the book for continuity. You'll find some stuff from that season in the 2nd half of the book, as well as S04 material before that, iirc.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Very spoilerific casting if you're not caught up on the books.

I think it's the total opposite. It's a spoiler to the show if you are caught up on the books. I, having not read the books, still have no clue what the implications are. I don't know the circumstances, or anything.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back