Game of Thrones

Am I the only one who thinks that the sex scenes in the series are a little bit too explicit? For instance, we did not really need to hear the sounds of ******** in the last episode -- it was already implied what was going to happen. Sometimes I think that HBO is doing it in excess just because they can...

I could do without some of it especially last episode. I don't care if you're a gay guy, I just don't want to hear about it. OTOH, any day a guy sees breasts that aren't his wife's or girlfriend's it makes you feel like you accomplished something that day. :lol

Eh, they're probably trying to push the envelope a bit the way Spartacus did on Starz. And the sex in the book IS fairly explicit.

But I'm still curious as to the scenes we're seeing in the series that I don't THINK appeared in the first book. The scene with Theon is one, the scene with the King and Queen saying "Did we ever have a chance?" is another. Are these scenes from later books that take place during the first book in a chronological sense, and are being re-woven in, so that they aren't flashbacks?

Some very pretty armour, although who on earth goes jousting with an open neck helmet? Nearly as bad as A Knight's Tale!

I think that was kind of the point. He was pushed into Knighthood and didnt deserve it or KNOW what he was doing. He was handed the position and thought he was hot poopie and died cause he doesnt even know what armor to wear . At least thats what I got out of it.

Though he was supposed to have been a squire right so he should know what armor to give to a knight to joust.

Eh, whatever. lol I dont think tweezers and neosporin are going to solve that splinter though. Ick.

I could do without some of it especially last episode. I don't care if you're a gay guy, I just don't want to hear about it. OTOH, any day a guy sees breasts that aren't his wife's or girlfriend's it makes you feel like you accomplished something that day. :lol

Gays prolly get sick of hearing that you're straight. To truely "live and let live" you have to resist insisting on conditions.

objectionable? like the breasts and any sexually explicite or implied scenes?

Just whatever would keep it from being shown in other places, be it nudity of any sort, foul language, or horse beheadings.

But yeah, if the summers here wouldn't kill it, I'd love a dire wolf (or more accurately one of the Inuit dogs that they're using to play the dire wolves.)

I think that was kind of the point. He was pushed into Knighthood and didnt deserve it or KNOW what he was doing. He was handed the position and thought he was hot poopie and died cause he doesnt even know what armor to wear . At least thats what I got out of it.

Though he was supposed to have been a squire right so he should know what armor to give to a knight to joust.

I don't remember exactly what Stark said about it, but he said something about that it being the first time he'd wore that armor. I might be wrong, but I took it as him commenting on the fact that he should have practiced with that particular armor to get used to it. Like he wasn't familiar with the movement and sightlines while wearing it. Obviously he wasn't experienced, so maybe I took it wrong.

I just took it to mean that the guy was green, generally, and had the real misfortune of going up against the Mountain, who neatly dispatched him. The one with no gorget was the pretty-boy knight, as I recall.

I'm finding the show to be quite...slow. I like some of the characters, the production design and such. BUT, there was a quote the other day.." It's Lord of the Rings with Sex!"...and i found this a bit insulting. Not because i'm a LOTR fan, but after 5 episodes of Thrones, i've yet to see one wizard/elf/orc/magical event (apart form the wierdies at the start of ep1)......

Does this show pick up the pace at all? It's starting to remind me of Dune:Medieval Edition.....

Rich

The Dune reference is not that far off at all. There will be a fantasy element, but it will build up slowly. The white walkers are one piece of it. All the talk about dragons will eventually pay off. And there are other... things... that will happen.

Just keep watching.

The title "Game of Thrones" should tell you something. This TV show is inherently political in it's machinations. A better analogy than "LOTR with Sex" would be "The West Wing with swords and sorcery"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back