Game of Thrones

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well. If there ends up being no Reeds, then two other folks spring to mind as fill-ins, especially since they don't really affect things through the rest of the story (so far.)

Ugh! I will be so disappointed if the Reeds are written out. I really like those two and I think the connection between the Reeds and the Starks is absolutely crucial to some integral story elements.

But yeah, last night's episode was just all kinds of awesome. Maisie Williams sure can hold her own. That little girl was right there with the quite imposing actor who plays Tywin and she didnt budge an inch. Just impressive!

I am excited to see how things roll and by roll I mean heads...hahahhaa... its feels like the players are going to start getting offed faster ans faster now. I haven't read the books, as I feel like the books ruin the show/movie. I love spoilers but don't want to read the books, I know I'm not right. I love this show.

The books enhance it, greatly.

i have mixed feelings about this. I watched season 1 without reading the books and was blown away by the series.

In a moment of weakness, I found the books and read arya's storyline all the way through book four. I regret it and wish i hadn't known about the books. Huge story arcs compressed, characters eliminated. Ususally this isn't a problem, it's just that the books are epic in scale, written in detail and impossible to not let your imagination create a production value that HBO can't come close to.

After reading as much as i have, every scene, every costume, every set looks like a severly compromised production. For those who've read the books will no doubt agree, arya's capture in the show was so cheaply and pathetically done as compared to the battles and arcs in the books, it is distracting and saddening. I'm still watching and enjoying the series, but i know i'd have appreciated the show much more had i not cracked the books until after i've seen the shows.

I did the same thing. Didnt read the books until after the first season. Dont regret it one bit, though. I love the books and I'm still enjoying the show for what it is. The books are truly epic in scale. There's just no way every last part of that can be put on screen. I think the show is still able to bring a lot of what is great about the books to the screen, so I'll forgive them for certain things.

I'm with KhalDrogo. I came late to both the books and the series (we don't have HBO), but I found that I enjoy them both immensely. I think that the people involved with the series have done a magnificent job bringing the books to life and, for me, knowing what's likely to come doesn't compromise my enjoyment of the show. Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, the kids (even the little **** Joffrey), all of them are just wonderful and I love watching how they bring the characters to life.

must resist this read.....must not find out what.....happens but its hard not to.

a friend turned me on the show...i missed the whole first season and went out and bought it on his recommendation...didn't have HBO....now its like the sopranos for me....don't interupt during GoT. love this show.

I started with the books and have read each one of them more than once. It is a fantastic Epic fantasy that could never entirely be displayed on screen. I think that that writers and producers etc. have done a fantastic job creating George Martin's world. There are not many ( or any) other shows that I can think of that have the huge scope, on location sets, and costumes.

I saw that one change they made was to rename Theon Greyjoy's sister from Asha to Yara - with there already being an Osha (the female wildling at Winterfell) it was thought that changing the name might avoid some confusion.

I thought that was kinda dumb. I used to hang out with two other guys who had my name, and nobody ever got confused.

Wow. Lots of changes this episode. Some great, some kinda ehh. Can't wait to see Ramsay Bolton, though. Thats going to be so awesome. The forums over at westeros.org are going nuts right now. LOL

Few words....

Theon, this is why Ned Stark had Ice. And you bent your knee. If pain is a teacher, I hope you get your lessons.

I saw that one change they made was to rename Theon Greyjoy's sister from Asha to Yara - with there already being an Osha (the female wildling at Winterfell) it was thought that changing the name might avoid some confusion.

It also looks from the previews that a plot twist from the third book (concerning Robb Stark) might show up this season. OTOH, it could well have happened during the events of book 2, but revealed in book 3.
1) While I understand the Osha/Asha confusion, as much as it bugs me... what bugs me more is that they picked Yara... which is SOOOOO similar to Arya. Just rearrange the letters, and they're both the tomboys of the series too. *sighs* (Yes, I know they're also quite different characters but simplify it and it really does boil down to this!)

2) This is because of the lack of Robb POV chapters in the novels. We as readers don't know what's going on in the books which is done on purpose so we are super surprised through Cat's POV when we find out what happens in the 3rd book. But as one of the main complaints last season was the lack of action scenes and Robb is where they are at (minus SKIPPING a whole war a few eps back!) there are more Robb scenes. So what we didn't know through the book until later we are kinda told now. Bottom line: It's a POV thing.

Some... interesting... changes from the book in this week's episode, but I'm thinking it'll work out. Besides, Tyrion got to ***** slap Joffrey again. I consider it a win.

Some... interesting... changes from the book in this week's episode, but I'm thinking it'll work out. Besides, Tyrion got to ***** slap Joffrey again. I consider it a win.

We've had vicious kings, and we've had idiot kings, but I don't know if we've ever been cursed with a vicious idiot one!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back