Game of Thrones

Brienne is going to have to get in line behind Davos. Stannis and Melissandre's best hope is that he just walks away from them when he finds out what happened.
True. Plus I think sir Davos is going to be able to recruit a bunch of wildlings to help him destroy the southern king. I still would love to see Brienne go bat-****-crazy on Stannis.

Last edited:
So you think they wear physical masks? That was not the impression I got fr4om the books nor the show. Doesn't Jaqen (sp?) change faces multiple times? That would mean he has multiple faces with him. And doesn't he kind of wave his hand in front of his face, and his faces changes in front of Arya?

No, not physical masks, I got the idea there is some degree of magic involved from the books. I apologize for any confusion.

Everybody's harping on Stannis...
uHWvqCs.jpg

Given that no one who's touched Jorah since he got infected with Greyscale has touched the infected bit I think they're okay. If he goes around rubbing the inside of his left arm against people then they may be in trouble.

I think it's safe to say that Greyscale will work in whichever way best facilitates the plot. I don't think Dany will contract it, but if someone else needed to get it the disease would conveniently become easily transmittable. Same thing for the speed at which it spreads.

I am super stoked for this week's finale, big stuff coming up. This will of course be followed by GoT withdrawal as I wait another whole year to see what happens next. Still better than waiting for the books I guess.

I was surprised that the pits of Mereen were so wasteful of trained fighters.. Was it really fights of four guys - last man standing in the book?
From what I know, the ancient Romans wouldn't waste their gladiators that way - a man that was down was killed only if he was not judged a worth fighter.

While the last few episodes have been fairly solid, I have to say that this is my least favorite season so far. The pacing was crap and the story incredibly uneven. Over half the season spent on next to nothing happening turning to breakneck cramming everything into the last 3-4 episodes. They've got to do a better job next season.

Wow what a powerful last episode! People are exploding with passion about John Snow. And even if you've read the books, know its coming, it's still shocking.
I'm almost speechless about all the good and sad things that have happened this episode:

- I'm heartsick about John Snow but still hoping he's either warged into Ghost or Milesandra will resurrect him.
- Glad as hell that Stannis was killed by Brienne.
- Three Cheers for Theon!!
- So satisfying to see Tyrion in charge of Mereen with Varys, Misande and Grey Worm by his side.
- Arya taking out Meryn Traunt was brilliant! She's blinded, yes, but for a good reason.
- Myrcella dying by that bitches fatal kiss really ticked me off...I can only hope that Tristan sends a raven to Doran.
- Sam and Gilly getting away to Old Town....very glad that happend in the show.
- Cercei's walk of shame was hard to watch, but of course she deserved it. Hopefully it will change her for the better...but...yeah, right.
- The Mountain...not sure how I feel about that whole plotpoint...maybe The Hound isn't really dead; will he be the one to finally take care of his brother?
- Poor Drogon...he just has to pull himself together. Danny leaves evidence of her being at Dragon's Mountain (or whatever it's called in the Dothraki Sea) and do the hordes of the Dothraki rally around Danny, or are they threatening her? Hard to say.

But oh.......John Snow......:(

Last edited:
Since even the book readers got shown things we haven't read, I can only imagine how shocking this episode got to those who haven't been reading...

I wonder if the Lord of Light sent a message to Mellisandre: "I know we've been discussing the whole Stannis thing, but I'm going to need you at Castle Black, like yesterday."

Well, it's pretty much official. Kit Harrington is not coming back. Jon Snow is dead for realsies.

How do I know?

Kit Harrington cut his hair.

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but when your GoT contract states that you cannot cut your hair at all, a haircut is a pretty good indication that You Ain't Coming Back.

Not entirely convinced that Stannis is actually dead. Sure, the implication is there but why would they cut away if Brienne actually stuck a killing blow? At the very least I think they presented just enough ambiguity to his "death" to keep the fanbase guessing until we see a corpse (or not).

The timing on "for the Watch" is a little odd, you send Davos to Castle Black so the book readers probably assume that Jon's response to that would set off the mutiny. Instead he tells Davos to pound sand, so Alister and Ollie were just twiddling their thumbs for days after all the Wildlings passed through Castle Black to Julius Caesar him? It makes no narrative sense, Thorne could have just not opened the gate and left Jon and the Wildlings to starve and die. Did he really need extra time to drum up support for the mutiny or had he promises some of the Watch a chance to stab Jon rather than watch him freeze? A few dozen Watchers would rather personally stab Jon after letting Wildlings past the wall than just watch them die in agony in the cold? Not buying it, they wrote themselves into a corner and did a sloppy job mopping it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's pretty much official. Kit Harrington is not coming back. Jon Snow is dead for realsies.

How do I know?

Kit Harrington cut his hair.

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but when your GoT contract states that you cannot cut your hair at all, a haircut is a pretty good indication that You Ain't Coming Back.

This logic's been going around for months. Hair grows back, and wasn't he just doing press with Snow-length hair? Have people forgotten that wigs exist? Easily dealt with.

Also, all the press saying he's dead could be a smokescreen to preserve the reveal if he's alive or comes back somehow. BSG did the same thing with Starbuck: lied to the media and had Katee do the same. Wishful thinking, I know.

Also, all the press saying he's dead could be a smokescreen to preserve the reveal if he's alive or comes back somehow. BSG did the same thing with Starbuck: lied to the media and had Katee do the same. Wishful thinking, I know.

Katee didn't technically lie. She was just ambiguous about why she left the show for a while, which was to receive treatment for thyroid cancer, if memory serves.

Katee didn't technically lie. She was just ambiguous about why she left the show for a while, which was to receive treatment for thyroid cancer, if memory serves.

She at least had to lie to family and friends as I recall, and there was talk of her taking other auditions since she was out of a job or she actually did audition for stuff as part of the cover.

Also, Kit Harrington has an admitted history of lying about the show to fans.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back