Classic Green Lantern's lantern. Anyone build their own?

Matches Malone

Has anyone here tried replicating Hal Jordon's classic Green Lantern lantern (bazinga)? This is the Trophy Room Green Lantern Battery Prop that DC Direct made for reference.

Trophy%20Room%20Green%20Lantern%20Battery%20Prop%20big.jpg

I made one for my husband for xmas. You can look at the photos and the build if you search for this post Green lantern power battery

Here's mine, built from an 8" christmas ornament and plumbing parts. John Deere green paint, IIRC. I built this one several years ago for a hardware prop-building contest that had something like a $20 cap on parts. I've been wanting to build a new one with some refinements, but just never got around to it.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Jim

Here's mine, built from an 8" christmas ornament and plumbing parts. John Deere green paint, IIRC. I built this one several years ago for a hardware prop-building contest that had something like a $20 cap on parts. I've been wanting to build a new one with some refinements, but just never got around to it.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Jim

That's great. Did you rig it to light up too?

That's great. Did you rig it to light up too?

Thank you. No, the budget cap on the contest didn't leave any room for lighting. I've been wanting to build another one, and that's on the list for additional features. It will have a smaller sphere (6" versus 8" in the original), the handle will be thicker and fixed instead of swiveling, and it will have two lenses and shrouds, with lighting. I'll get to it when I have some free time (HA!).

Hello guys, I´m pretty new in this business of the prop replicas, and I need an oppinion. Here is the finished projet for a Green Lantern Power Battery (classic comic book inspired), and I´m not complety sastified with the results. Can you give some coments, please?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back