TRON Legacy - Misc Props

Brucelee42

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Didn't really see a thread for these, so I thought I would do a catch all - for other items from the film.

First - Flynns mantle -

clock-sm.jpg

I would love to find the clock! But the items in the front are Yoshimoto Cubes, available from the moma store - MoMA Store - Yoshimoto Cube_

AAAAAiAUH_8AAAAAAIAyig.jpg

The glasses at the dinner table at flyns....

dinner1-sm.jpg

The closest I could find so far - Amazon.com: Square Plastic Wine Glasses 1 Piece Design Clear 8oz 6per Pack: Kitchen & Dining

For a $1 prop you can't beat it! - This has subtle stripes, but I can't tell if they are in the one Flynn is holding or not.

EMI-SWG8_1042010124935_full.jpg

Lastly I would love to make these - the mines that came out of the back of the car. I would love to find better images. I am guessing that they would be about 3-4" inches in diameter?

mine-spheres1-sm.jpg

I made a 3d model of what I thought they looked like but I've no idea how to go from there, definitely more a thinker than a doer unfortunately.
tron-legacy-other-props-spoilers-quorras-mines-rpf.jpg-47038d1299347865

dunno if this is any help.
cheerio
p.s. I'm thinking 4" although six would make the electronics easier and the plunger seems a little tubby.
p.p.s what he \/ said

Last edited:
The white mirror in Flynn's Grid Apt is from Ikea...it comes black but was obviously painted for the film. Sorry, no screen cap...

I was tempted to make Zuse / Castor's cane. The trick would be getting the light source small enough to fit in the mteal bit at the end. I made an umbrella with a light up handle and was able to fit the a Luxeon LED and batteries into about 4 inches to light up the acrylic handle I made. I'd have to figure out how to get that down to two or three inches for the cane.

Andy

Share some pics! Sounds cool...

I was tempted to make Zuse / Castor's cane. The trick would be getting the light source small enough to fit in the mteal bit at the end. I made an umbrella with a light up handle and was able to fit the a Luxeon LED and batteries into about 4 inches to light up the acrylic handle I made. I'd have to figure out how to get that down to two or three inches for the cane.

Andy

I would like to know how to make Clu's meditation balls that he uses when the Disk Wars is going on between Rinzler and Sam. I don't know if they already exist somewhere on the net or what a good way to make them so they would light up would be.

Andy

Share some pics! Sounds cool...

*cough cough* http://www.therpf.com/f13/tron-legacy-castors-cane-third-run-103551/?highlight=castor+cane :angel

I would like to know how to make Clu's meditation balls that he uses when the Disk Wars is going on between Rinzler and Sam. I don't know if they already exist somewhere on the net or what a good way to make them so they would light up would be.

They kind of remind me of these: Amazon.com: Sof Sole Matrix Sneaker Balls: Sports & Outdoors which i just happen to have... The modification would be minimal e.g. painting, then inserting a plexiglass ring, and electronics.

Last edited by a moderator:

They're actually known as Baoding balls, I believe. Though those sneaker fresheners might have indeed been used, as IIRC, they're just about the right size and would have been a lot easier to put lights into.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back