The Nautilus Home Theatre

I hate you. JK, :lol That is the best looking theatre room I've ever seen. I'd never leave the room if it was mine.

Thank you all, we get a lot of joy out of the theater but the most fun is when family and friends come over for a movie night.

Here's a little bit of trivia about a couple of the pieces in the theater... the oval mirror and stanchions are castings taken from the original pieces made by the Disney craftsmen for the film.

Mirror.jpg

Stanchion_cu.jpg

The story goes that the set decorator on 20K, Emile Kuri, would keep plaster castings of many the various decorative pieces made for his films in case the need for such a piece would arise on a future project. Over the course of his 50+ year career he amassed a collection of hundreds of pieces. After his death in 2000 (at the age of 93!) a casting of the mirror and stanchion from the Salon set were acquired by Scott Brodeen who restored them and made molds. He was kind enough to offer me access to the molds to pour a set for my theater. It's kinda great to have something that ties so closely to the original film.

Love it!

It combines two of my loves...Home Theater and movie props!

Thanks for sharing, the attention to detail is to die for!

brad

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back