Clear casting resin help

KaraZor-El

Hello guys!

I've recently worked with castin' craft clear casting epoxy resin...and I'm wondering if there is anything better out there? I've always found castin' craft products to leave something to be desired when it comes to quality.

I was wondering if any clear-casting resin users out there could point me in the right direction as to where to obtain a higher quality resin?

Thanks for your time!

Most if not all clear casting resins you'll want to pressure cast as well. But I'll third that Smooth on is nice to work with.

I adore smooth-on products. I searched and searched on the site a while back for clear resin and couldn't find it. Can anyone give me the name so I can look it up?

Edit:

Sheesh, my bad! I found it...I forgot they had this.

Thank you guys so much for the help!

Last edited:
Oh thank you so much for the link! I appreciate it! I know I definitely need a pressure pot, but didn't think I would be able to get one for under 500 bucks... I'll definitely be ordering one of these.

They are pretty simple to use right? Do I just hook my air compressor up to it and let it do the rest? I need to make some new molds, so it's perfect timing to get this

Yes that pretty much it set your pressure and your good to go. It'll have a safety valve set at about 55psi so you'll have to play with the pressure to get it close to that and not set it off. It just bleeds the air down. ;)

Oh thank you so much for the link! I appreciate it! I know I definitely need a pressure pot, but didn't think I would be able to get one for under 500 bucks... I'll definitely be ordering one of these.

They are pretty simple to use right? Do I just hook my air compressor up to it and let it do the rest? I need to make some new molds, so it's perfect timing to get this

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back