Rocketeer Jetpack Pepakura Model (Unfolded File Now Up)

PepMaster

Sr Member
After a long time searching the internet I finally found a 3D model of it I could use, now just to get it unfolded. I am most commonly known for one of the many Rocketeer Helmets flying around the net which a friend did the modelling of it for me, this model however since I've been having such a hard time trying to find a good 3D modeller I found on the GTA Garage converted it and now I am in the process of making the pepakura file for it I know that it's definatly not accurate but it is a good base to work with. I should have the finished unfold in about a week due to real life issues, but i will post the PDO file of the Jetpack in case there are other pepakura unfolders here that want to give it a go, while I do my own unfold. Unfold is now here. The original is on the right the revised model thanks to Stagefivedrift of the 405th helped by making it more towards the film pack. Enjoy everyone.
13zpy75.jpg

File is 1.73MB
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery servicehttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=VO453POZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rocketeer Jetpack Pepakura Model

There is an old thread here in RPF which actually gives some measurements that someone did on replica jetpack they have. But I don't know how to locate it or link it to this post.

That is probably the post I'm thinking of, it may not give the exact measurement but it would give a ballpark figure. I'll see if I can find and link it here

Hi, just a quick reminder, I have adjusted the Pepakura thread to reflect the "etiquette" of giving proper credit to creators of 3D-content.

Giving credit to the creator of the 3D model is a must.

If you can´t get the consent of the creator of the 3D-model to publish an unfolded pep that was created from his 3D file, then you unfortunately can only use the PDO resulting from that model for yourself and not redistribute it.

Regards,
Michael
RPF staff

Oh never mind you found it...why I didn't see that the first time I don't know!

The original author of the model is kal-el5676 on GTA Garage, I'll go ahead and let him know that I am planning to use his model for pepakura construction, I completly forgot to contact them about it but will do it now.

Attention, I am the original author of the model and do hear by give permission for it's use. Not the best model I know but it was originally intended for use in gta. Funny though, I'm already a member here because I make actual props as well.

I see you got my message on the GTA boards, thanks for the permission. I bet you never thought a GTA model would make for a good pepakura model lol. Don't suppose if you get a little free time one of these days if you could make or edit a V.2 of this by any chance that would have a little more detail closer to the film jetpack, I know most of the detail was in the textures on the original.

Yeah, gta doesn't like uber high poly models. I did do another version that is way smoother though. Look up rocketeer with jetpack on gtagarage. It has the newer version. This may sound dumb, but what is pepakura? Are you printing this to 3d components for use In prop? That flatters me since it's not a good model. Def the only one like it though.

Awesome guys, this thread should be stickied to show pepakura and digital content etiquette at work ! :lol :thumbsup

Michael
RPF staff

Pepakura is a way of creating models and costume parts out of cardstock paper from a 3-D model. Which the model is then resined, fiberglassed and coated with bondo, sanded and painted, usually a model after the bondo process has been completed people usually add further details to the model with a dremel for example. The hard part with pepakura though is the higher poly you go the harder the model becomes. Right now I have a Robocop suit of files in my Documents folder that's so high poly I won't even touch it yet and I have myself and 2 other people working on it so we should be releasing those files very soon. I've been teaching on panels at conventions now for the past 2 years at places like All-Con and Dragon*Con on how this is all done, so far it's been one hell of a hobby, but enjoyable.
And yes I saw the other version of it over on the GTA Garage, but my converter and my pepakura designer did'nt like it lol. It's tricky I have to take the DFF file, open it in my 3D Object Converter program, convert it to COB, then open it in Metasequoia, Edit the file for details not needed like the harness for example, then save it as MQO, open it in Pepakura Designer, export it to OBJ so I can invert the model and rotate it with Pepakura Designer then save it as a PDO file fro Pepakura Designer, phew.

Last edited:

Pepakura is a way of creating models and costume parts out of cardstock paper from a 3-D model. Which the model is then resined, fiberglassed and coated with bondo, sanded and painted, usually a model after the bondo process has been completed people usually add further details to the model with a dremel for example. The hard part with pepakura though is the higher poly you go the harder the model becomes. Right now I have a Robocop suit of files in my Documents folder that's so high poly I won't even touch it yet and I have myself and 2 other people working on it so we should be releasing those files very soon. I've been teaching on panels at conventions now for the past 2 years at places like All-Con and Dragon*Con on how this is all done, so far it's been one hell of a hobby, but enjoyable.
And yes I saw the other version of it over on the GTA Garage, but my converter and my pepakura designer did'nt like it lol. It's tricky I have to take the DFF file, open it in my 3D Object Converter program, convert it to COB, then open it in Metasequoia, Edit the file for details not needed like the harness for example, then save it as MQO, open it in Pepakura Designer, export it to OBJ so I can invert the model and rotate it with Pepakura Designer then save it as a PDO file fro Pepakura Designer, phew.

Could you send me a copy of the robo cop pepakura files. Are they unfolded????

The Robocop files are not unfolded yet but once they are done the suit files will be released.

this would be a good start for anyone wanting to build a rocket pack. good base to start from

The model is actualy currently being altered so there will be a low poly like this one which right now it has open edges that are being fixed, and there will be a slightly higher poly file closer to movie accurate.

Should have a unfolded file up here shortly, the model has been updated and modified to be closer to the film jetpack though.

File is now in the OP. The old model is on the right the new on the left it is scaled to a good heigh from mesurements I found here on the RPF. Should be a little over 2 feet high total. Enjoy.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back