1:1 GRAND MOFF TARKIN Bust by Jordu Schell

It could be yours for the princely sum of $15000.

It is certainly pricey (out of my price range) but you have to consider more than just the bust itself. Jordu Schell has a bit of fame and notoriety behind his name so you are paying a bit for the name as well as the sculpt itself. Saw this in person at Monsterpalooza and it was just as stunning in person as in pics. The only criticism I had was the HORRIBLE light they had on it at the show. It was terribly unflattering for such and incredible piece.

With that much realism, why not slap some arms and a body on? I think this thing is probably the greatest likeness I have EVER seen, but the whole disembodied trunk thing is kinda creepy! :lol

Yeah, I'm sure he'd do a killer job on Palpatine...but I also can't help but think that Palpy has been done at least 2-3 times, right?

What I love about Tarkin is he's kind of an obscure character, it makes this bust appeal to me even more.

I really hope Jordu starts to offer some more mainstream 1:1 silicone (or even latex) busts in the future, he's got a real talent! One problem is that his level of detail is so crazy high that it pushes the price up on his busts. Oh well. :)

Of course, just my 2 cents

brad

Absolutely. :thumbsup Don't get me wrong; I didn't mean to sound dismissive of this epic piece of work. Tarkin is a decidedly underdone character and it's great to see him having been done so particularly well. No offense to any of the awesomely talented people here and their work, but I have never seen anything as...ALIVE as this, so much so that it practically gives me the creeps to look at it. That's why I'd love to see his work on a Palpatine; Palpy is just my fave of the bunch... Yes, he's been done here a few times, the most recent of which to exemplary status, but there's just something about this silicone that is another notch up. I'm in awe of this man's talent.

I still can't get over how real this looks. I posted the photo from FB to a photo club I'm on and several of the comments were along the lines of "So? It's a photo of Peter Cushing. Why are you posting....oh...OH! OMG!"

Yet one more reason Jordu Schell is my all0time sculpting hero... if only I could ever get into one of his classes, or he would come to Denver! :)

Truly remarkable and inspiring.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back