1:1 GRAND MOFF TARKIN Bust by Jordu Schell

I don't care that I posted 2 pages back. I'll say it again. Damn fine piece. DAMN FINE!

I have never had the pleasure of beholding such a realistic bust in all my life.

I've just been sat here for a while trying to think of something to say and no words even come close to how this piece makes me feel... apart from throwing all my sculpting stuff away and giving up :lol Unbelievable, stunning, and any other superlative you can think of.

Al

Has anyone ever bought a bust or "mask" from Jordu?

From his website that Phil posted it looks like he offers quite a few really cool and original busts. Not sure if they're in resin, latex or silicone or a little bit mixed.

It sounds like he does all the finish work on his busts.

Schell Studio Masks

they are all latex Brad.

I was on a mask and maquette making course taught by Jordu a couple of years ago. In 1 week he managed to sculpt, mould, cast and paint a full creature bust. All the while teaching us along the way and making a maquette.

That must have been a great experience Rich! :eek

By the way I need to call you about something... You know what its about. ;)

In that case it would appear he may have based it on Peter Cushing in his later years.

The likeness and lifelikeness are incredible.

OMG I would give anything for one of those to accompany my other full size displays.
As awesome as it is, I think that the cheekbones are a bit too puffy/pronouncedIt's a little too exaggerated I think.
Also the frontal hairline could come forward a bit more and it's shape adjusted.
Still a fantastic likeness and execution nonetheless.

This is a wonderfully executed Tarkin bust.
And the rest is also very rich of expression and great details!
Thank you for sharing this, Phil. I didn´t knew him, yet:love

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back