MalmeyStudios

Sr Member
Im trying this!
captain_america_ultimates.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ultimates Captain America WWII Costume

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to do a quick update.
I have searched and searched for a cap mask that tickled my fancy. The only one I have seen that I have liked is Brin's from LOH!! I could not seem to get ahold of him so I begged and begged Mallie (my very talented girlfriend) to make me one based on the above pic. Being the sweet heart she is she has once again put off her Medusa sculpt and started sculpting my Ultimates Captain America WWII undermask. She is so good to me.
Id do it myself but I can not sculpt to save mylife! Thats why we work as a team I do the CNC she sculpts!

Anyway here is the the rough sculpt with the rough detail
CapAm.jpg

You can also see my shield in the background! Still needs paint!!
Not sure how quick this build will go since the Iron Man depleted the bank account LMAO!!!!
Thanks for checking in.
Jeremey

Re: Ultimates Captain America WWII Costume UpDate 4/6/11

Hey Guys,

I got this last night!! M1 Rear Seam WWII Helmet!
040511202631.jpg

This is prolly the nicest piece of this costume! As I was painting it last night (which I hated to do) I couldnt help but to think of the history of this thing, all the crap its been through! Alot of the grated orginal paint was there but towards the top it was really work down! Did they use it for dinner, its possible being a steel pot! It also has a nice dent in it, had it deflected a bullet or had it been bledgened! Being 100% authentic this helmet is so cool! The possibilties are endless as to what it had been through!

Amazing! Im so honored to have it in my Hands! It makes me even more excited about this build!

Thanks
Jeremey

what size is the mask going to be? you can always do a small run and with that money you can finish the project...

what size is the mask going to be? you can always do a small run and with that money you can finish the project...

Irish,

It will fit up to a 24" or so head and I think we are planning a small run!
Mallie is nearly done with the cowl as we have a photoshoot on the 16th!

Ill post a couple in the trading section as soon as we get one complete!
Thanks
Jeremey

Please put me on the list for one of these when u get it cast!

Re: Ultimates Captain America WWII Costume UpDate 4/8/11

Ok Guys here are a couple updates for you!

The first one is the Cap Mask!
Now Mallie has worked very hard the last 2 nights to bring you guys this update so show her some love!
CapMask.jpg

She nearly has this thing complete! Some more detail work and a little smoothing out and I will have this in plaster! Hoping to have our first pull saturday!

Now as for your second update I just finished the foam mold for the chest piece!
CapChest.jpg

Now I kinda took some liberties on this. I know that in the comic it was one of those flap over button on the right jobs but I did not want it to be cloth! My idea on this was a bullet proof vest style thing! My thinking if if you can make a super solider you can make the first prototype bullet proof vest!

Well hope you enjoyed the updaye, Expect more monday!
Thanks for checking in!
Jeremey

Re: Ultimates Captain America WWII Costume UpDate 4/11/11

Another Update Guys!!

Mallie got the sculpt done and where she wanted it!
FinishedSculp.jpg

We didnt get quite a far as we had hoped this weekend as our plaster was way to wet and is taking forever to dry. Like an Idiot I also did this as a full mold (instead of a 2 part) so it would be seamless (great idea in theory) and we dont want to try to get it out until we are 100% sure the plaster is dry! Then we will have the painstaking process of digging out enough clay to wiggle the head form out! Hopefully all will be ok! Next time Ill do a 2 part! Ill keep you updated on the progress!

Anyway I did get my chest done molded poured and painted, it looks awesome! No pics on that yet until I get the Ike coat and get it attached

We also got the shield and helmet painted and antiqued, Looks Awesome!
HelandShield.jpg

Thats all I have for now.
Thanks for checking in!
Jeremey

Thanks Guys
Its coming along. We are out of money on this build again lol so we prolly wont have any more updates till the weekend.
jeremey

This is my first time seeing this thread. You just grabbed another viewer till the end. This is great.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back