Space:1999 Stungun W.I.P

redcobalt60

Heya peeps, couple of pics..from my cell phone, so not the best, of one of my on again, off again builds. The Space:1999 season 2 stungun.
The season 2 difference was the addition of the top "stun/kill" slider switch..hmm..maybe should renamed it ...anyhoo, I decided to try to make this from sheets of 1/4" mdf. I found what I believe is a fairly accurate drawing, with regards to details, and scale. You can see that in the pics.
I used a piece of white plastic, as a central spine to attach the 2 halves together. This is held together with 1/8" pins, and a piece of 1/4" stainless steel tubing I had laying around where the black round bits are up top. Those are temporary until I machine the tapered pieces from aluminum on my lathe.
I got the the trigger finished, just need to get some paint on it. As for the 4 barrels/nozzles, that I am undecided on yet as to material to fabricate out of. You can see in the pic that it comes apart, I made it like that to make the parts easier to work on. The grip is 5 pieces of 1/4" mdf glued together...2 pieces for each half of the grip shape, glued to a central narrow piece that slips over the central white plastic spine bit.
Anyways, here are the pics so far, will update when I get a bit further.

Mike
http://www.image4u.org/redcobalt60/My Props/StungunSpace1999.jpg
http://www.image4u.org/redcobalt60/My Props/StungunFront.jpg
http://www.image4u.org/redcobalt60/My Props/StungunDisassembled.jpg

The first season laser pistols did have a Stun/Kill switch. It just didn't have that big honkin' block on the switch. :lol You can get a real good look at the switch in the episode, "Testament Of Arkadia". There were also pistols without the switch, these are generally referred to as Stun Guns because they had no 'kill' setting.

David.

Thanks all...yes, I plan on making the commlock. I made one a long time ago...unfortunately using the Shane Johnson blueprint....oh well!! I have the commlock blueprints from the same source as the stungun. Will give it another shot.
I will update this soon hopefully. Just finished up a side project for my son, so now I can get back to the stungun. I will try to make the switch box with the kill/stun decal. I made one up in photoshop on some cardstock and clear tape. Looks s'ok.
Mike

This sweet if I may ask where did you get the drawing you are working from? I've wanted to add one of these to my collection.

Thanks! Hey Kdawg, here is the link, just d/l the stungun.zip and the commlock.zip...they are very nice.

Technical Section 2

Thanks St.Louis...I've wanted one of these for a long time. I might make the switch pod on top removable...not sure, but might use some small neodymium mags and maybe a small locating pin. That way it's not too noticeable if you pop off the top sliding switch...something to think about, anyways.

Mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back