Mattel Hoverboard "Stunt" graphics

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've tried to recreate the "stunt" board graphic pattern without results I am happy with.
If we have someone here that can do a full size, full resolution recreation of this pattern exactly, please chime in...
I have other pics I can post that may be helpful.
c1_12_s.jpg

I actually posted a thread about this last week looking for a way to recreate it. I hope this one works out, as my board can't be complete without it.

I have a 'hero' board now, but want a 'stunt' version to use as a prop to carry around for conventions and Halloween parties.

I find a lot of people make a quick pattern of the "beads" in the stunt board. The problem is the size of the "beads" is different in different parts of the board. For example, the scaling of them below the "BOARD" is different than it is above "HOVER." Also, the direction of the beads is slightly different.

Each section is a bit different.

board-scale.png

I've seen one of these stunt boards up close and personal. One of the things I noticed is that the background graphic was applied by several pieces - not one huge sheet. It is possible they were cut from a larger print on vinyl sticker and applied 'by eye' without paying much attention to detail. Alot of movie props are done this way. It just has to look good on camera.

Exactly, which is why for the purposes of prop making, it shouldnt matter exactly what size each bead size is. Just that the pattern is replicated. So how exactly would we going about replicating this?

I was thinking that if someone here is handy with photoshop we could make a page of this pattern that could be printed out and applied.

Last edited:
I found this on another thread:
34yz52b.png

Not sure which member made it, but it looks pretty good to my eyes - but not to scale. I haven't tried blowing it up yet full size and doing a print test, but if the resolution holds up it should work fine for a stunt board.
There are a few things that would need to be changed up on these graphics if the person who made them can chime in:
-The pink borders representing the board should be removed, as well as the black outline surronding the image.
-The edges at the kicktail need to be more curved.
-The black circle representing the handlebar hole should be either removed or lightly outlined
-Mattel logos should be seperate 'stickers' applied after the main graphic (but could also work as-is for an quick and easy build)
-Each graphic sheet needs to be correctly sized 100% - I will double check the graphic measurements on my BTTF123 board as his are about as screen accurate as you can get.

I compared them to another graphic on this site that I know is the right scale. They match up perfectly, so this thing is scaled correctly. The only question now is weather or not the resolution holds up after being blown up. Let me know how it works out.
If not, rather than tracking down the original creator of this graphic (god only knows who it is) it might be easier to get someone here to fix it.

EDIT: I blew it up in my computer and the resolution does not hold at all. This is going to take some work.

The overall size of the prop is 28x8" so the graphics will be slightly smaller than that. Other than that, they look good to me - and I'm a tough one to please when it comes to this prop.
I thought this was created by a member here? We really need this one touched up and resized....

Definatly. Having this thing resized will definatly resolve a major roadblock for me in this project.

Now, who knows photoshop?

Pretty good. Definatly the best option out there atleast.

However instead of using your own "Hover Board" logo, can you replace it with the one from the more accurate graphics available? Then this thing will be perfect.

Just use the photo that is a few posts above yours. Im not sure if you stretched the graphic or something, but if you compare your photo to the one a few posts up, the lettering in "Hover Board" is clearly different. The letters aren't even touching the white line.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back