My Sonic Screwdriver Collection

The Next Doctor

Well, there is this guy on the board here, that for some reason won't give me his Sonic Screwdriver collection. Instead he wants to buy some bridge in New Mexico. So as a result, I had to start my own collection. So here is my little collection.

Starting with the Second Doctor - It is just a penlight
1000000060.JPG

The Third Doctor - Modified Russ Sonic
1000000053.JPG

The Fourth Doctor - Russ Sonic
1000000056.JPG

The Fifth Doctor - Another Russ Sonic
1000000055.JPG

The Ninth Doctor - CT Sonic
1000000059.JPG

The Tenth Doctor - CT Sonic
1000000057.JPG

The Eleventh Doctor - CO Toy
1000000064.JPG

Painted CO 9th/10th Sonic
1000000061.JPG

Painted CO 9th/10th Sonic - Smaller Version
1000000062.JPG

The 15 Minute Sonic
1000000077.JPG

Custom CO 5th Doctor Sonic
1000000065.JPG

There are 2 more on the way. The Eighth Doctor's and The Next Doctor's

Last edited:
Nice collection...I wish I could afford the CT version of the 10th doctors sonic...*sighs* money is such a far grasp right now LOL. ONE DAY!

Again great collection!!! :)

If he starts calling us young whippersnappers I'm comin' after you :p LOL

I'm still jealous of that collection...I only recently got into Who...and have been watching some of the classics on netflix. I really wouldn't mind having a Pertwee and Baker sonics :)

If he starts calling us young whippersnappers I'm comin' after you :p LOL

I am more afraid he will try and beat us with his cane and tell us to stay off his lawn.

Funny thing about the Sonics, the Pertwee has become one of my favorites, especially after adding the details in the base.

Keep it up, I'll start collecting First Doctor stuff too and shin-whack the lot of you with a replica of his walking cane. ;)

All the details on the Pertwee do make it a very interesting model. It's funny but with all the versions of the sonics you can have one to fit each mood.

Nice collection! I really like how you redecorated the grip on the Pertwee model. What did you use? I was planning to do that as well. XD Also nice is the added part for the emitter.

For the Pertwee Grip, I used the Plastic and Electrical tape, as well as black "line" tape. The emitter part is just a finishing washer and a machine screw.

For the grooves there are several methods to paint them.

One is to tape off the areas you do not want to paint then spray paint them.
The easier method is to use a fine modeling brush and a good acrylic paint and paint the groove by hand. That is the method I used with not a single problem. I then finished them with a painted on varnish I have used both a gloss and a matte coat. If any paint gets on the outside of the grooves then use a little #0000 steel wool to take it off.
Mobius

For the Pertwee Grip, I used the Plastic and Electrical tape, as well as black "line" tape. The emitter part is just a finishing washer and a machine screw.

Clever! i like that. I was originally thinking of the automotive pin striping tape they sell at automotive paint supply stores though admittedly I haven't seen the stuff in years XD

Curious, I can't seem to find info on what the best method to paint the grip grooves is.

Any help would be appreciated

I used flat enamel paint with a couple drops of hardener and accelerant in it. Mobius is right on using the .0000 steel wool to get it off if you get it on the body. Even enamel paints have a hard time sticking to aluminum. Acrylic will work as well and since it'll be in the groves it won't rub off either paint you use. Just remember to let it dry completely between coats. I find that if you paint too thick it will look glopped on but if you do coats and don't let it dry completely between coats the fresh coat can take the previous one off and the smooth look will be lost.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back