Best superglue out there?

Jodo Kast 3

Sr Member
Looking to finish a project, and all I need now is a really good superglue or expoxy...

Any reccomendations like Gorilla glue or a two part expoxy?

JK3

Gorilla superglue is excellent, very strong and less brittle than any other I've used. For epoxy, I like Permatex or Locktite.

Totally depends on what you're trying to glue. I've been using Krazy glue for about a decade and like it better than any other cynoacrolyte based glue I've found.

I used to put Stormtrooper armor together with CA glue -- Great Planes brand. It had to be that brand though.

It all depends on what you need the glue for though.

Yeah, I like the Gorilla brand too, though once I opened it, it didn't last long (dried up.)
It really depends on what you are gluing though.

It depends on the project and material you want to glue together. Marine Tex can get awesome results for filling and glueing, and it's also waterproof. Two part epoxy is very good and so is JB Weld and Gorilla.

And most important: always prep the surface you want to work with before adding glue.

I heavily use Loctite's 5-minute two-part epoxy. I'd recommend getting the separate larger tubes of the epoxy; the epoxy parts in the smaller plunger-style dispenser are prone to aging in my experience.

A glue found in a hobby shop tends to work better than a store brand. The bond is usually better. Reason being is the preservative used in store brands to give them shelf life makes them a little more brittle. Gorilla glue is a good one since it has been impregnated with a liquid rubber, giving it a good sheer strength.

In my own case, I use BSI brand glues for most of my stuff. They come in brightly colored bottles and usually have the address of the store you are purchasing them from printed on the label. BSI's IC-2000 is a black rubber toughened Super glue that is advertised for use with RC car tires, but I use it for most applications where I need it for strength or filler, mainly because I can see where I am sanding when I work with it. BSI does make a couple clear rubber toughened glues now though as well.

But for high strength bonds, I still use epoxy, since I know it tends to still work, even after it has been dry for a few years.

Gorilla glue is excellent, but be aware that it a) expands and b) goes a brown color once dry.

Or at least it did on my projects a few years ago.

Thanks everyone...

Yeah. I`m looking to glue a metal pinback to a plastic surface. I will look into a tube of Gorilla Glue and report my experience.

JK3

Backing up what Rusty 85 said: that gel crazy glue is great stuff. Easy to use, no mixing, no expanding, no weird dry color.

I've heard that technically any CA glue won't fog, it only does because of a combination of using too much and lack of airflow while drying. Some experimentation would be necessary to get it right.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back