Ted Theodore Logan (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) Now with photos!

Egon Spengler

Master Member
Started this a bit ago..

Right now I have

The Shirt:

This is actually my second shirt. I had to make the first one myself and I made the image way too small. Upped the size on this one. I actually really want a real original shirt and have tried searching all over the internet and locally for one but they seem to be extremely rare :-/ I'd toss this one in a minute for an original. I had to make this by printing it out onto iron on paper. It's actually in 4 sections because of the paper size limitations.

The Vest: I searched thrift stores again and again to find this. It's not an exact match but its close.

The Shorts: Yep, I made them from dress pants purchased at a thrift store. Cut them down and sewed them up. Made the stickers on my computer and printed them out.

The Shoes: Got these just for the costume and like them a lot. I call them my fun shoes. Ha ha. Need to get purple laces for them. Will probably buy a second pair so I don't have to change out the laces all the time.

The Jacket: Another thrift store find. It took a long time to find this but I finally hit it close this week. The jacket is a BOSS brand jacket. I doubt its the same brand from the film, it might be.. I don't know, but its pretty close if it's not. The jacket in the film often appears to be red or even orange/red. I'm thinking I'll dye this yellow jacket with red RIT dye and I should come up with a nice somewhere in between color. I've removed the "BOSS" logo from the front and back of the jacket. You can see the logo just above the pocket in the photo. Ted's jacket has no logos as far as I can tell.

I still need proper sweat pants to wear under the shorts, the watch, the red and gray socks, and the friendship bracelets. I've purchased a wig for the costume that my wife has been helping me trim down and style.

Last edited:
Re: Ted Theodore Logan (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

This is most excellent! After googling some ref pics, this is all pretty accurate! great find with that jacket and I hope that dyeing it works out well for you

Thanks you two! I'm dyeing the jacket at the moment. Lets hope it turns out well! So far it looks great, just need to rinse it out!

Last edited:

Very cool!

I sort of have a Bogus Journey Bill costume but I look nothing like him so I can't really call it one.

Party on! :cool

Thanks!

I don't look a lot like Ted either but I'm not letting that stop me :D

Last edited:

Well, here it is and it turned out GREAT!

I found a huge collection of screencaps from the film online and put them together to show how close in color my jacket turned out. Scene after scene, light and dark, the jackets color remains pretty consistent.

My jacket is in the two photos on the right. One taken without flash and one taken with flash in the dark.

It's funny how most think his jacket is just red, but it's actually a red/orange color. You can tell by comparing the red color of the bag he carries and the stripes on his socks, etc to the jacket itself.

I've attached the comparison photo and a larger photo of the jacket that I took using no flash.

This has been a most excellent day. :thumbsup

Great costume idea. :) Nice work on the jacket. It turned out most excellent. :thumbsup

Love the jacket! This is on my list of outfits to complete someday. Perfect for 80's parties! :D

slave1pilot: Thanks! WOW! I want that but man... pricey!!

pinder: Thank you! :D It's not too hard to put together but it does take some time. It also depends on how accurate you want to get. I doubt my stuff is completely accurate but I've been tracking down the closest stuff I can find.

I actually just found accurate shoe laces online and bought them. I won't be using them for his shoes, but for the lace that hangs on his jacket through the button holes. The ones I bought look to be 100% accurate :D

Great work on the costume so far dude!

Here's a link to some pics of my costume on my Facebook page:-

B&T | Facebook

Got the jacket off eBay. T-Shirt I made with an iron on print out. Shorts were cheap from a store in the UK called Primark, same for the trackies and waist coat. I Printed out the smiley and save the humans stickers, again on iron on transfers. Converse All Star boots I had already and just got some purple laces from a sports store. Socks from eBay. Wrist strap from eBay. Leather friendship band I made.

Still need to get the laces for the jacket and a wind-up watch to put in the wrist strap, and the hardest part, a decent wig! Not happy with the one I have at the moment.

Party on dudes!

John

Last edited:

Totally excellent costume, dude! -Air guitar-

Yeah, the wig I have is pretty good, but they are a pain in the butt to get right. I still need the watch and wrist strap too. Might try to make my own socks. All the socks I find don't ever seem to be as big and puffy as his are.

Love the costume man!

Thanks man! I can't tell you how much I really do appreciate your trying to help me track one of these down. I really do! Sadly 60's a bit high for me right now and the 34 dollar one I'd buy in an instant if I could fit into it. Most of my costume was just thrift store found and kept the cost pretty low. I search for this shirt every time I go to a thrift store too. Ahhh! I have no idea how you found all these but I do appreciate it! I couldn't find much of anything except other 5150 designs on ebay. I'm really impressed that you tracked this many down. You are the fricken man! You don't have to hit the yard sales, just let me know what search terms you've been using so I can keep it up ha ha ha. If that doesn't work out, I might have to hit the yard sales on my own.

Managed to get my shoe laces finished up yesterday.

I had to make these myself. I couldn't find long enough laces in the right color so I bought some plain white laces and colored them with a Sharpie. It looks great! Yeah my shoes are a bit dirty, but they are shoes. You wear them. :D

Awesome costume dude, ur efforts certainly are "Most Triumphant!!"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back