Firefly/serenity Patches.

jason1976

Sr Member
Ok, so what is out there for Firefly, and Serenity, and more to the point, where do we actually see the patches in the show/movie.

Here is what I have so far.

Jayne's Serenity "Resume" shirt patches. (I have the pins for this shirt too. :))
P104080322little.jpg

Mal's Independence patch (the one with the black trim) and the other two styles/ranks . (from the beginning seen of the pilot episode of the series "Serenity".)
sepa002set.jpg

Wash's Patch from his first jumpsuit in the movie. (Has anyone done the other 2 patches from this jumpsuit? The one that looks a little like the one from 2001, and the one that looks like the NASA/ Russian patch?)
sepa217.jpg

This is an alliance shoulder patch. (from the show? also, I think this comes in two sizes, I have the smaller one, but I don't know witch was used for the show? Movie?)
a9d9_12.jpg

This, Well I'm not really sure, but it has something to do with firefly. :lol
sepaflag.jpg

This is Kaylee's beer patch, from the show. (does someone know where I can get her heart, and flower, patches?)
B4qGEGwEGkKGrHqVhcE70KvyV4BMqsynpgf_32.jpg

This is an Alliance Police patch. (from the show I believe.)
newpost77.jpg

These are Alliance patches. (from the show? Movie? )
sepawing.jpg

ffallolivepatch.jpg

This is a sheriffs shoulder patch, from the show. (episode "The Train Job")
spatch7.jpg

This is a patch with the movie logo, I don't think anyone actually wears it in the show, or movie.
sepa001.jpg

This is the blue sun patch, again, I don't think anyone actually wears this in the show, or movie.
B61LbwgmkKGrHqEOKjkEzIr6fDfsBMyeyiu8m-1_12.jpg

This is a medical patch, but I have know idea if any one actually wears it in the show. (maybe in "Aria"?)
sepa215.jpg

These are alliance rank patches from ????
ffalliancerankpatches.jpg

These are like the patches worn by the crew in the episode "Arial".
7988_1.jpg

I should mention that all the ones able are "replicas" not screen used, and that most of them are embroidered, where as most of the patch in the show, and movie, where not. (I believe they were printed on canvas and a trim attached, for both the show, and the movie, though the patches on Wash's movie jump suit do look embroidered to me. )

Ok, so what else is out there, where can I get them, and where were they used in the show/movie? Like Does anyone know what the patch is on the chest of the guy that runs the post office, in "The Message"? etc.

Ok, so what is out there for Firefly, and Serenity, and more to the point, where do we actually see the patches in the show/movie.

A (pretty close) replica of the TV show Alliance trooper patches.

a9d9_12.jpg

This is Sino-American flag of the Alliance, but it wasn't seen as a patch.

sepaflag.jpg

This is an Alliance Police patch seen on the shoulder of the silver helmeted Alliance trooper in the TV pilot, Serenity.

newpost77.jpg

These are Alliance patches designed by Geoff Mandel for the movie, Serenity.

sepawing.jpg

This is a medical patch, worn by some of the staff at the Oracle facility where River is held in the movie.

sepa215.jpg

These are alliance rank patches worn on the sleeves of the purple uniformed troops in the movie.

ffalliancerankpatches.jpg

Like Does anyone know what the patch is on the chest of the guy that runs the post office, in "The Message"? etc.

Some work was done on the image from the postmaster patch and paperwork in the Message.

The patch says "Zir Com Navigate",
a play on the word, "circumnavigate.
There is a thread on www.fireflyprops.net somewhere about that logo.
Unless someone beats me to it,
I'll check one of these days.

Mike

A (pretty close) replica of the TV show Alliance trooper patches.

a9d9_12.jpg

Mike

I've seen these in two differetn sizes, do you konw what size is correct?

The 3.5" size is closest to the original shoulder patches.

If you check this thread here:
fireflyprops.net • View topic - Alliance Fed Armor
you'll see that the Alliance patches were printed mirror image, at least in some cases.
You can tell they are backwards because the Chinese characters for "Alliance" are reversed.

Another Firefly wardrobe malfunction like the Independents' patches that were sewn on upside down.

Mike

Is anyone thinking of doing Wash's patches from Serenity?

serenity-nobootswashcostume5.jpg

serenity-greenjumpsuitwashcostume2.jpg

I know there are some out there that are kind of close, but I don't think they are close enough. I would love to see these patches done right. I know that most of the patches from she show, and the movie, were not embroidered, but these look too shiny (?) to be just printed on the fabric. (though I could be wrong.)

No. They're exceptionally similar to some Leonov patches, but the text is all gibberish and the designs subtly different. Jupiter is missing the great red spot, for example. The second patch posted above is inspired by a Soviet Apollo-Soyuz project patch. Wash's Lyndono patch is based on the Interkosmos logo from the former USSR.

-Mike J.

Last edited:
No. They're exceptionally similar to some Leonov patches, but the text is all gibberish and the designs subtly different. Jupiter is missing the great red spot, for example. The second patch posted above is inspired by a Soviet Apollo-Soyuz project patch. Wash's Lyndono patch is based on the Interkosmos logo from the former USSR.

-Mike J.

Yep, and I want good replicas, not just the replica "apollo-soyuz" and "Leonov" patches that are out there right now.

Wasn't there talk at one point after serenity first came out, about there being an Aliens like patch in the serenity as well. (one that looked like something one of the USCM wore in Aliens, but with a different color scheme or something.) I could be wrong, but i seem to recall something like that.

Well, wall we are looking for someone to do the Wash serenity patches, I came across this picture on my hard drive.

serenity-allianceguardbadges2.jpg

I don't recall where I got it from, but it was probably Propstore or something like that. (if anyone knows anything about these patches, please speek up.)

Due to the run of alliance lightning bolt being done over at FFN (you should check it out) I was inspired to work on some other firefly/serenity patches. ( don't really now how to go about getting them made, but I can hope that if I get started with the art, someone else will take it from there. :lol)

I cropped this from the Propstore Pic I posted above.
postitup2-1.jpg

And then I whipped this up. (If it doesn't look right to anyone. I have the Photoshop file, if anyone wants it.)
postitup722copy.jpg

So, please use this as you like, and if anyone wants to do some of these up as actual patches, please do so, just be sure to let me know, because I'll want to order at least one. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back