Dork's Fanmade Pulse Rifle (Building)

Hello All!

Thank you for your support and comments

I've started painting my Baby.

I Used Vallejo Grey primer, after I covered the grenade ejection port and the counter. For the shroud I used Vallejo Air 72043 Olive drab. After two layers of Airbrushed OD, I masked the painted parts, I painted the other parts with Vallejo Air 72057.
It turned out like that:
SP_A0368.jpg

After this I added 2 layers of Flat varnish.
SP_A0369.jpg

I left her to dry overnight. Today I dry brushed the "plastic" parts with the mixture of 3 part Vallejo GC 72050 Cold Gray and 1 part 72051 Black. For the metal parts I used 3 parts of Vallejo GC 72053 and 1 part 72051 Black.

She Turned out like that:
SP_A0370.jpg

SP_A0371.jpg

SP_A0373.jpg

SP_A0374.jpg

SP_A0375.jpg

There are some minor weathering and I'm planning to give her a nice sexy Pin Up "nose art" girl on the side.

Hope you Liked the Thread.
I'll gladly answer any question.

SP_A0376.jpg

I'm working on the guide. It will take some time, because i can't cover every step with photos, so I have to make some graphics. I'll do my best!

Dork

That is a great build. Thank you for sharing it. The ONLY thing that jumps out at me is the grip not being rounded a bit more.

Very cool!

Said it before, most likely say it again. Great work

Can't wait to see your how-too on this, its a very inspiring build. You've generated a lot of interest.

Perfect Dork!
The only thing that jumps out to me though is the non-rounded handle. It looks like it could be a bit uncomfortable to hold after a while.

Hi All!

Well it is rounded down. But as Jedifyfe said not rounded enough. Minor planing failure :p.

The edges are sanded down, so IMHO it is really comfy to carry her around. :)

About the guide. I'm working on it. Maybe by the end of the next weekend I'll ready with it. But it is not easy to make drawing about those steps a forgot to photo shot.
And I need to draw the blueprints for the missing components as well.

Can anyone suggest me a free site where I can upload Text files? Pdf, or Word Doc.

Or you want me to put it in this thread, like one step at a day?
VOTE! :D

Dork

No problem thought I would give a bump and ask at the same time. How-to's aren't easy by any means. Good luck with it!

At a guess raidshare , I believe that one is free. It would probably be best to post the tutorial in here for the sake of completeness.

Have sent you a PM

Congrats buddy, the rifle looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing your progress on your scratch build, it was exactly what I was looking for to inspire me to get busy with my own!!!

Keep up the good work! :)

This was one great build! I cant believe I missed it until now, but it was a joy to see the build captured from beginning to end. Very inspiring.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Agreed....an amazing thread. Thinking of all those countries with harsh import and replica laws. lol You will make ALOT of happy campers with your tutorial.

I think a downloadable version would be good for Ipad owners ;) PDF ROCKS!!! lol

Alot of talent here and you tend to get a little used to amazing builds but this was so fresh and so beautiful to watch. Thanks for sharing:)

AMAZING BUILD!

Best
Taz

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back