Dork's Fanmade Pulse Rifle (Building)

Dork

Looking for M41A Pulse rifle blueprints

Hi There!

I would like to ask some help for my Prop project.
I've never built prop stuff before but 2 month ago I accepted a Challenge, to build an M41a PR. I started looking for detailed infos about it, and I found a lot of useful stuff (like this awesome site).
I read 500 sites of the forum but i could not find any blueprints about the gun.
I've got about 2Gb of M41 pictures, I've found the paper model, but i really need a blue print.
I saw some of the users made their own from wood, metal etc., so they must have some kind of blueprints.

So please Can someone help me with that?
I would really appreciate it.

I'm an experienced modeler, working with plastic card/Sheet Styrine for 5 years now, and I'm a Detailfreek. So my PR will be a real Boooom.
Working ammo counter, adjustable stock, GL with grenades, 10mm ammo in mag and gun, etc.

I promise I will post a full "How to/How I made it" Thread for exchange with as many pix as possible.

So Please help me out with this.

Thank You!

Dork...(a Desperate builder from Hungary)

Re: Looking for M41A Pulse rifle blueprints

Hi Akos,

I changed your thread title to be somewhat more informative about what you are actually looking for ;)

A quick google search brought this up, which IMO should be way enough info to get your project started ;)

ArniesAirsoft: M41a Pulse Rifle

Michael
RPF staff

Thank you for your help, but there is a tiny little problem.

I live in central Europe, and we use the SI merical system. Arnies plans are in Inches...
I found that site months ago..., and that is not well detailed. No six sided view, no internal part details, etc....
Mostly length measurements. No thickness, no "aiming rail" hights, no mag release dimensions, mag dimensions, safety/burst selector switch, Grip thickness, etc...

Thank you for your assistance, but that is still not enough... Good for start, but not enough to complete it...

Dork

Ah, I see, you were looking for a really detailed blueprint.
The "imperial" to "metric" conversion should not be too hard to do, though.

Good luck with your project!

I'm guessing you've found TK560's M41-A build diary, but it has plenty of pictures of the gun laid out on a gridded cutting mat that should help figuring out any uncertain dimensions. Of course, since every custom build is a little different...

I haven't seen detailed blueprints of the type you're looking for; unless done by fans working up an idealised version (e.g. astromech plans) I'd be surprised if they exist, given that the PR was built out of three vintage firearms rather than drafted up and machined.

Imperial to metric conversion is just one of the things we Europeans have to live with when copying US-made props - or pre-metric British ones for that matter!

Last edited:

I downloaded the templates from this site: M41-A Pulse Rifle years ago with the intent of making a styrene version but still have yet to get around to it. :unsure

Hi all!

Thanx guys, but I have the infos listed above.
Looks like nobody has ever seen a PR plan.
It looks like it is up to me, to give something for this community.

I Will make a PR anyway!
The Paper replica is the best option so far. That will be the starting point.

Next week I'll start the building, this week I'll buy the necessary items, for this project.
I'll try too support this community with as many infos, details, pix as I can.
Hope it will help to inspire other builders.

Thank you for the help, for everyone!

See you on the building thread!

Dork

You know, the only piece really custom made for the Pulse Rifle was the shroud and some other bits and pieces. If I were to build a Pulse Rifle from scratch instead from airsoft or replica guns, I'd probably try to find plans for the individual weapons.

A quick Google search turned up this:
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploads/dcorb/images/2009-11-14_090030_thompson_m1a1_blueprints-2.jpg
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploads/dcorb/images/2009-11-14_085912_thompson_m1a1_blueprints-1.jpg

There ya have the Tommy gun already. Pretty sure you can find M870 plans somewhere as well.

As for the barrel vent and stock etc., I think there might be some helpful plans on the Aliens legacy forums.

Cheers!
Roman

Thank you Roman!

Now That is Something! This is the info I was hoping! Thanx man! :D

Dork

Hello All!

So I started the PR building today. Pics will come soon.

But I have another problem.

Does anyone have a "blueprint" for the PR ammo counter....That actually counts down.

Please spare me from, links that sells the counter, I need the circuit drawing.

Can someone help me out?.....Again.

Maybe there is a Thread about this. But I can't found it. When you need it...You can't found it.

Thx

dork

Just copy the Photobucket IMG code and paste it in your post. Like this:
SP_A0230.jpg

Nice work so far :thumbsup

Hi All!

Sorry about the delay, but here is my Update.
This time I made some major progress!

10 hole Barrel vents:
SP_A0239.jpg

The carrying Handle shroud (Still working on them):
SP_A0242.jpg

And the "Spascage" (I know, its still not a cage. But soon! :) ):
SP_A0244.jpg

And what I've got so far:
SP_A0241.jpg

For more "In Progress" pix click here:
Pictures by AkosSzecsi - Photobucket

Dork

Last edited:
keep it up
never get bored to watch people building the PR, in so many different ways.
i build 3 PR's from scratch and every time it getting better and better.
keep up the good work.
can't wait to see it's finished.

This is the kind of build threads I like. "I made it out of real parts and/or resin and machined parts"? Of course it'll look good. Snore.

The hand fabricated stuff is what really impresses me. If I had a grand to spend, I'd gladly pay someone for one of these hand crafted beauties before I bought that licensed disaster from last year.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back