Dork's Fanmade Pulse Rifle (Building)

Hey Dork.

Love your progress so far. Did you find any more plans, like for the stock etc. or the M870? For the M870, I only have an "exploded view", but no measurements.

Keep up the good work!

If I had a grand to spend, I'd gladly pay someone for one of these hand crafted beauties before I bought that licensed disaster from last year.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes
A hand-made Pulse Rifle will certainly be much sturdier than a metal and resin replica. Oh, and think about the resale value due to the low number of... well... one.

Cheers!
Roman

Hi All!

Thanx For the support. Today I'll try to finish the whole GL piece.

Xhiwar!
Actually I did not found any useful info about the Rem. 870. But I've got an idea how to solve the problem. In my next update I'll see how it will work out. But for the stock I've got about 4-5 plans with dimensions. 2 months of search.....:p

By the way Recently I discovered a major problem. The plans I use are not scale! So my PR will be about 7-9% bigger than it should be. My Friends tell me, this way it will suit me :), because I'm 2 meters tall, and I weigh 130kg-s. They say I'm about 10% bigger than an average man, so in my hands this little difference wont mater.

What do you think? Because its still "buzzing" me.

Dork

Last edited:
Madmax!

I saw it way before. As I mentioned, I was searching details&data for 2 month. I found his method pretty easy, but my version is faster, and you don't need a mold.

I've cut a 2" PVC pipe in half, and added the two side panels. it took me about 5 minutes to put it together. I have to add the "cage" to it, and voila! All in all his method is better in any means, but I'm familiar with my version. I don't need to experiment how the PVC pipe will bend nicely.

On the other hand His PR doesn't have all the features that I want in mine. :(

But thanx!

Dork

Great work! Prop building in it's purest form!
I love the PVC board as well I've switched to it for prototyping a couple years ago myself.

If you need any info from me let me know. :)

M

Yeah, right. :rolleyesA hand-made Pulse Rifle will certainly be much sturdier than a metal and resin replica. Oh, and think about the resale value due to the low number of... well... one.

For something that'll just sit on display, sturdy doesn't matter. I wouldn't be trooping with it. And resale...? Why would I want to sell it?

Hi All!

Matsuo!
Your post Honors me! It's a big thing to me! Thank you!

Hypercats!

Here are the tools I used so far.
SP_A0258.jpg

The Exacto Knife is a Tajima LC-101.

And here are the progress I made. I know its not much, but I didn't have the time I needed.

I Finished the grenades:
SP_A0252.jpg

SP_A0253.jpg

And the "Spascege" Looks more like a cage doesn't it? Still not done :(
SP_A0251.jpg

SP_A0250.jpg

SP_A0257.jpg

SP_A0259.jpg

More Pix (As always):
Pictures by AkosSzecsi - Photobucket

Thankx for the support! Keep the comments, suggestions, ideas coming!

Dork

Hi All!

Kev359!

A little bit of both! I'm using the Paper model, the plans from Arnie's Airsoft, Original weapons Blueprints, and my own imagination.

If You think about building one, Just ask and I'll give you any help I can. But after I finished the PR, I will post a "How Its made" Article with the Plans I made for this project, Minus the minor flaws I made On this one.

But now for my progress report.

Finally the Finished "Spas Cage":
SP_A0261.jpg

The Trigger & Loading port:
SP_A0268.jpg

Trigger:
SP_A0265.jpg

And the Locking Block:
SP_A0269.jpg

In "action":
SP_A0270.jpg

Block "moving" mechanism:
SP_A0266.jpg

And the rest of the Photos:

Dork

Yeah it seems the blueprints you are using are a tad bit off, but I wouldnt be concerned, I love the progress you are making.

M

Patrick!

To Be honest I don know! I used the Paper models dimensions. The paper model has made to an actual 30mm grenade. But we all know that would be more like a 13mm GL, because the Movie makers used a Remington 870 Shotgun. Witch is far from a GL. Maybe This is the problem. I Used a 30mm GL dimensions, but I'm using a 12/70 Shotgun shell as grenades. The grenades are 70mm long and 20mm+-1mm in diameter.
This may be the problem. I mentioned before that my PR will not be Scale is size :( "sob"). But the parts turned out so well that I don't want to start over.

Anyway This week the full GL will be ready and painted. Ready to install it to the Not finished rifle.
The Interiors are already painted, 4 things left. Inserting the Launcher's Barrel, cover the top/front/back of the cage with PVC, and external painting.

If everything goes by the book, By the end of the month She may Be ready to "Rock!"

Dork

There was info somewhere saying that the jan's paper prop needed to be printed at 95%(i think) for the templates to be at the right size

ya the dimension that was for me too the hardest thing to get right.(build 3 PR to get it right hehe)
i found one template on the net of the PR shroud that i use.
from this template i scale everything down.
plus some real bleuprints of the M1A tommy gun.
but as i say i love the way you build this icon.can wait to see it finished.
good luck

Hi All!

Madmax! Yeah....I saw that warning. And I did it. But It is Still bigger.... But Thank you anyway!

So As I promised this week I will finish the GL. I'm not done with it yet, but on Sunday I will.

But for now, I only was able to finish the cover and the base of the pumping handle.
The muzzle, the texture of the pumping handle, the details, and paint remained.
Here are the pix:

The GL body with the Handle:
SP_A0271.jpg

SP_A0272.jpg

After sanding:
SP_A0277.jpg

In action, with the grenade "loaded":
SP_A0275.jpg

And the rest as usual:

Dork

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back