Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Here's some screen grabs of the back of Wolverine's future suit from the featurette- X-Men: Reunited
WolverineArmorDOFP00.JPGWolverineArmorDOFP01.JPGWolverineArmorDOFP02.JPG
WolverineArmorDOFP04.JPGWolverineArmorDOFP05.JPGWolverineArmorDOFP06.JPG
I want to see the back!!!!
A close-up of Wolverine's bone claws in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Deleted Scene- Logan Attacks Hank
WolverineBoneClawsDOFP00.JPGWolverineBoneClawsDOFP03.JPGWolverineBoneClawsDOFP04.JPG

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414033679.477945.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414033690.559042.jpg

And a couple more.. Hot toys would have had access to the original suit, in either photos or in person.. So these will be as good as the film...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I've never had to do this...And honestly, before trying this, didn't even know you really COULD do this, I figured some of the rest of you here might enjoy seeing what I've been working on the last couple of days.....

I got the Days of Future Past jacket from Dan a while back, and I loved it, but since it was a tester version, not the finalised "finished model", there were some aspects of the jacket that I had wanted to alter just slightly.....The skin was originally black leather, and since it was black, dye and retanning it a slightly different colour was impossible....This being the case, I had decided a while back to try painting on the skin, using a leather paint.....I asked Dan about it, and got a few good suggestions that allowed me to have a better idea of what I was looking for, and I found a shop here in Tokyo that sold a decent paint for leather.....The colour was an issue....All they had was basic colouring....Coffee brown, black, green and that was about all....So I chose coffee brown, based on looking at my copy of Days of Future Past...

I'd wanted a colour that was slightly darker than the reddish brown the original jacket was.....But not so dark that the red was entirely hidden, and the coffee seemed to allow that...I also had hoped that by painting over the red/brown skin, the red tones would then perhaps show through on the newer, darker brown when in sunlight, and lend a little more "warmth" to the thing.....

As it turned out, this is exactly what I got, and I'm very happy to have been able to do it all....But painting on leather was always a HUGE thing for me to do....Scary, but one hell of a ride when I saw it was turning out as I had hoped...

So, I thought you all might enjoy some of the better photos I took of the process as I went.....It worked rather well I think....(And apologies to my friends on Facebook who are seeing these photos twice...My bad)...

Here's the first...This is the first half done and the original skin on the left hand side....

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...1-2CC3-4E8D-B36D-0661D87DE9CB_zpscunufrk7.jpg

Then I got the collar done...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...1-6CC5-4D5B-8B3A-10DCC72D2A58_zpsuzo2ihlp.jpg

Having run out of paint half way...I decided to get more and finish off the job at home....Leaving the sleeves and the sides still red..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...D-B391-4D1D-894E-D81DCB8549EE_zpslo5w0ekj.jpg

Having gotten it home and bought more paint...This is what I managed to do.....Outside in natural sunlight....

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...D-82D4-468A-B2B0-4FA40532E2CE_zpsgcm3wov5.jpg

And the back..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...D-E164-42B3-B65C-58F66BAD8542_zpsbe8iaxbb.jpg

Here it is being worn...I think it came out rather well!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...A-255A-421A-9ACE-3320FD2552C4_zpsmwdt2xem.jpg

And the last one...Back while being worn...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...B-109B-48FE-82DB-EF1D8CA1D915_zps2t9duntq.jpg

I had been trying to aim for something a touch closer to the Pentagon jacket scene, where the jacket was wet and rather dark, and the colour presently seems to mimic that rather well, lightening up in the direct sunlight, and becoming very dark brown in shade and indoors....The red tones do indeed still shine through, and I am very happy with the overall effect of the jacket now.....I feel it works rather well for what I'd been trying to get to....

Interesting project, although given the choice, I'd still suggest dye jobs over a paint project....I think the dye feels more "solid"....Although having tested it, I can say that the paint doesn't crack or rub off at all......It'll be interesting to see how it ages, but I'm expecting it to be decent!

Anyway! Enjoy!

I think the back is the most attractive part of this jacket. The Vs on the back kill it.

I think the back is the most attractive part of this jacket. The Vs on the back kill it.

I agree...The high collar and the rear "V" shape there, matched by the real shoulder panel, and then mirrored in the kidney panel is really great design....The front as well, since it sweeps out to accentuate the body shape and the natural "V" there....The whole thing is REALLY designed for that traditional "bodybuilder" look....Tight waist and flared back, with wide shoulders.......It's a very well thought out jacket.....

I'd like to see a variation done in different colours...And debated doing that with mine...Leaving the kidney panel and the front connecting panels in the original red colour, with the rest brown....But decided it was better in one solid brown, rather than the two colours.....But if anyone else was brave enough to try, I suspect it would be a fun thing to do...

Nah, I wouldn't bother...I don't know how strong the overpaint ability is either, which means you'd end up with differently coloured, obviously overpainted sections on the orange panels and the rest of the leather.....

Also, I think the Origins is fine as is....The orange is classy, and mixes well with the brown...So I'd hate to cover that up...And since the design is based around the different colours somewhat, I think obscuring that would be pretty crazy.....That's THE design point of the jacket....

The DoFP has differences, and was an all one-colour jacket anyway, so I had nothing to lose, and no worries about under colour showing through, since the red undertone was what I wanted anyway, but on any other jacket I'd say avoid it.....Especially one as distinct as the X0......

That said, repainting over the dye job on the jacket, to "renew" it? Would make sense I guess.....I prefer the dyes, since the paint feels a little cheaper to me? But that's a personal thing.....So going over the X0 in a slightly different orange or brown to renew it? Makes some sense....I guess....Although I would caution against it.....

I was amazed at the way it came out, but on anything other than a one colour, slightly "off" jacket? I'd say no...Leave it...

Here also are a couple of night shots as I worked to distress and prep the left sleeve for the missing stripe remnant sew-in and began weathering the remaining two amber stripe segments.

I'll have a complete Jacket distressing video, start to finish, that shows everything- Out of the box through the finished jacket in full detail for anyone interested..

View attachment 389766View attachment 389765

Looking forward to seeing your jacket distressing video, Wolverony! Are you planning on posting to this thread?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back