Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

ActionActorsWolverineClawsXMen1.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsX-Men1.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsX-1.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsXMenX-1.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsXMenX1.jpeg
ActionActorsWolverineClawsX-MenX1.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsX-Men.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsX-1.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsX-MenX-1.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsXMenX1.jpeg
@comonbub Metal Claws NOT "Con Safe" (As Far As I Know): Reason- considered live steel. If it's metal, out of a sheath, and shaped like a sword, it's probably going to count as live steel. Live steel is defined as swords, knives, or other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. Sheriff at the police check point will touch the claws to make sure NOT metal. You can pack in possibly and only show off once inside past the check point, but if you are found with 'em...zero tolerance and you'll have to put back in your car, so have some plastic claws for backup.

There will usually be a prop weapons check-in too, but you can sneak 'em I guess. Rules might be different from con to con on to what's allowed. You wouldn't get in trouble or kicked out with the claws you'd just need to put away. Venders usually sell real swords and claws inside as silly as the rules are about it. Just don't flail your claws around like a crazy person once inside and you'll blend with all the others around. It's more about bein' respectful of people who might be afraid of you with claws out. SNIKT

Last edited:
View attachment 365772View attachment 365774View attachment 365775View attachment 365776View attachment 365777
View attachment 365779View attachment 365780
@comonbub Metal Claws NOT "Con Safe" (As Far As I Know): Reason- considered live steel. If it's metal, out of a sheath, and shaped like a sword, it's probably going to count as live steel. Live steel is defined as swords, knives, or other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. Sheriff at the police check point will touch the claws to make sure NOT metal. You can pack in possibly and only show off once inside past the check point, but if you are found with 'em...zero tolerance and you'll have to put back in your car, so have some plastic claws for backup.

There will usually be a prop weapons check in too, but you can sneak 'em I guess. Rules might be different from con to con on to what's allowed. You wouldn't get in trouble or kicked out with the claws you'd just need to put away. Venders usually sell real swords and claws inside as silly as the rules are about it. Just don't flail your claws around like a crazy person once inside and you'll blend with all the others around. It's more about bein' respectful of people who might be afraid of you with claws out. SNIKT

These are stunning TheWolverine. Do you still make them?

Last edited by a moderator:
These are stunning @TheWolverine. Do you still make them?

From TheWolverine's Collection: THAT'S ME BUB! Action-Actors Aluminum Wolverine Claws X-Men X-1Thanks Very Much! S'funny... I'd love to attend SDCC, But No Metal Weapons Permitted! *SNIKT*

Thanks bub! S' funny... negative. I didn't produce 'em Action Actors did. I do have another set I might be whillin' to part with, but the price might shock ya! The claws where never sold. Only given away as licenced promotional items. Message me please if you'd like more information on 'em.

Building some pretty cool looking gauntlet gloves. Went into Dick's and bought some soccer shin guards, padded under armor sleeve and I'm gonna combine them all for my leather gloves. Pics to come...

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 365772View attachment 365774View attachment 365775View attachment 365776View attachment 365777
View attachment 365779View attachment 365780View attachment 365781View attachment 365782View attachment 365784

There will usually be a prop weapons check-in too, but you can sneak 'em I guess. Rules might be different from con to con on to what's allowed. You wouldn't get in trouble or kicked out with the claws you'd just need to put away. Venders usually sell real swords and claws inside as silly as the rules are about it. Just don't flail your claws around like a crazy person once inside and you'll blend with all the others around. It's more about bein' respectful of people who might be afraid of you with claws out. SNIKT

What's the worse that can happen?...Getting arrested? Don't think they'd go to that extreme but I'll try and go in with these...Ain't even worried.

My wife and I have been stopped several times while wearing our claws at conventions. There is no real way to do the traditional peace bonding (thank god). They usually do a bright colored tie strap to secure the weapon in the sheath or otherwise indicate that the weapon has been checked and is not real. I hate that mainly because it detracts from the costume.

Since our claws look pretty convincing we sometimes get stopped a few times throughout each convention. They inspect the claws to make sure they are not metal and to check and see how sharp they are. There was one time when I was 'almost' told I could not wear my plastic claws because "they were too sharp and could still do damage." It took a little convincing but I was allowed to continue to wear them. Anyway, if you end up getting stopped with the metal claws on they will not be very happy and they will make you take them out to your car. If you get caught more than once then you might risk getting kicked out. I am not sure how much cross communication they do for security breaches like that but it wouldn't be too hard to put out the word to watch for a wolverine with real metal claws.

Good to know Mike. Thanks for the report. I'll be carrying Logan's Backpack to stow all of my crew's gear as well as my Plastic) claws until needed for photo ops, requests etc. So I'm hoping they won't be lame about it as above. I'll give them a stab demo. I mean really. The argument could be made equal damage could be caused by a spork.

Good to know Mike. Thanks for the report. I'll be carrying Logan's Backpack to stow all of my crew's gear as well as my Plastic) claws until needed for photo ops, requests etc. So I'm hoping they won't be lame about it as above. I'll give them a stab demo. I mean really. The argument could be made equal damage could be caused by a spork.

Lol, that is true. It isn't really that bad, I wear the claws whenever I walk around a con, I get a lot more picture requests when I am already wearing the claws as opposed to not wearing them. I actually enjoy getting stopped by security. I take it as a compliment on the realism of my props. ;)

Did you find the backpack that he wore in X-1? I didn't realize it had been id'ed. I would like to see it. I have some shots of the X-1 backpack and the X-2 backpack.
http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/wolfman10cv/library/Wolverine backpack?sort=3&page=1

So here's my guantlet gloves for my suit with some armored inspiration from the 89 batman gauntlet gloves. Believe it or not, I bought soccer shin guards, spray painted them black, attached them underneath to a under armor sleeve and put the leather glove on to make them all one piece. Whaddya all think?
1620863_10103254456765032_5429960783711837750_n.jpg10547465_10103254456760042_6385774626446998177_n.jpg

*SNIKT* I was nominated for the #ALS #ALSicebucketchallenge. I accepted and nominate my friends in Canada, James Gawley a.k.a Jimmy Claws, Cam Atkinson, and also @Art Andrews of the RPF for this challenge. Please accept this challenge...you have 24 hours bub!

ALS or better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease affects many. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is a way to raise awareness of this disease, and a fundraiser that's alot of fun!
How to donate-- visit this page: http://www.alsa.org/donate/

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_0371.JPG DSC_0370.JPG DSC_0372.JPG DSC_0375.JPG
Wested DOFP Jacket. Looks and feels great. This one's a size 46. Sorry, but something went wrong with the upload. Pictures won't rotate 90 degrees.
The leather feels like the X-1 from Sideshow and is really thick. It feels comportable. I can recommend it.

Just a few pics from the con. I really hate the reflectors on my suit. I tried to paint over them and it did help, any suggestion.
1907758_728484057224726_9098436610463453030_n.jpg

IMG_7876.JPGIMG_7892.JPGIMG_7913.JPGIMG_7929.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back