Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post my first greet here, but as I will be focused almost entirely on this thread for the foreseeable future (Logan fan from the age of 12) I thought I'd risk it and say hi to the forum. Long time lurker, new member.

Hi all.

I'm putting together my first cosplay (Wolverine- film version 1.5- I'll explain another time) and have been transforming my body for over a year, from pretty much complete atrophy, using Hugh's various training regimens, to, yes, basically become Wolverine. Well, at least film-version 1.5 ( meaning I'm in stronger shape than he was in the first X-men and on my way to more of how he looked in X-men 2, then 3, and so on-so there's the explanation for that). I really am a geek.

My goal now at this point is get to my first ever Comic Con, in my first ever Cosplay, in NYC later this year along with with my girlfriend Erin. She'll be going as Jean Grey.

I have my first screen accurate Wolverine costume items under way and/or being planned or procured & about three months to finish, and after reading through this entire thread all this week (awesome stuff guys), I felt I should take the leap and join. On the Wolverine front anyway. I'm a prop fan from years back, and have that love as well, so this place is a real treat for me personally. I hope to eventually meet you all and share in the fun. So that's it. Just a quick hello and thanks for making such a great place for passionate movie fans and their hardware.

Wolverony

P.S. The avatar pic is a few days old, and is my first dry run of the Wolverine look (short hair-my own). Erin, who is a Broadway make up and wig designer, will be building me Hugh's wig for the Comic Con in october. Just a side note as I'm very lucky to have her do this for me, and clearly I did the avatar series of pics very early on in the hair and chops growth process.

Wolverony_02.jpgMe and Erin.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post my first greet here, but as I will be focused almost entirely on this thread for the foreseeable future (Logan fan from the age of 12) I thought I'd risk it and say hi to the forum. Long time lurker, new member.

Hi all.

I'm putting together my first cosplay (Wolverine- film version 1.5- I'll explain another time) and have been transforming my body for over a year, from pretty much complete atrophy, using Hugh's various training regimens, to, yes, basically become Wolverine. Well, at least film-version 1.5 ( meaning I'm in stronger shape than he was in the first X-men and on my way to more of how he looked in X-men 2, then 3, and so on-so there's the explanation for that). I really am a geek.

My goal now at this point is get to my first ever Comic Con, in my first ever Cosplay, in NYC later this year along with with my girlfriend Erin. She'll be going as Jean Grey.

I have my first screen accurate Wolverine costume items under way and/or being planned or procured & about three months to finish, and after reading through this entire thread all this week (awesome stuff guys), I felt I should take the leap and join. On the Wolverine front anyway. I'm a prop fan from years back, and have that love as well, so this place is a real treat for me personally. I hope to eventually meet you all and share in the fun. So that's it. Just a quick hello and thanks for making such a great place for passionate movie fans and their hardware.

Wolverony

P.S. The avatar pic is a few days old, and is my first dry run of the Wolverine look (short hair-my own). Erin, who is a Broadway make up and wig designer, will be building me Hugh's wig for the Comic Con in october. Just a side note as I'm very lucky to have her do this for me, and clearly I did the avatar series of pics very early on in the hair and chops growth process.

View attachment 346791View attachment 346792
Hello and welcome :)
this is the main thread too so much awesome information on here look forward to you comic con pics :)

Slim and fitted, but not restricting, perfect in my opinion. Not loose like the others. It's cut like an original 60's / 70's denim jacket. The fit allows for the Wolverine jacket to sit at the right bottom hem length to match and not look awkward. Seems like they chose Helmet Lang for that very reason.

It arrived today! This thing is stunning! Really well made! Solid and heavy too! I'd worried about the fit on the X0 belt, and checked, and it was close, but it fits with no worries at all...When Magnoli gets the new belt done? This will be one hell of a set!

Absolutely cool! Here's the photos!

Size comparion with the Indian head buckle....

She's a beaut.....Really solid craftsmanship......I'll add some Pecards perhaps, when the Magnoli belt comes out, if the colour is a touch darker...Or leave it like this if not...

Slim and fitted, but not restricting, perfect in my opinion. Not loose like the others. It's cut like an original 60's / 70's denim jacket. The fit allows for the Wolverine jacket to sit at the right bottom hem length to match and not look awkward. Seems like they chose Helmet Lang for that very reason.

So it it isn't ridiculously small for what the size says.

I normally wear a medium if I want a slim fit. Should I go with a medium with this jacket?

The Helmut Lang is kind of slim fit around the torso/chest area, but the sleeves have a lot of room in them. I may be the only one here besides Dan who has one that fits correctly but if you've worn a levi denim jacket, the sleeves are a bit slimmer on that one compared to the Lang. IMO, the Lang feels better for style but not for function as it doesn't have 2 side pockets to put your hands in. I rarely wear mine because the jacket itself is a rare one and I don't want to 'damage' it. I have an SA X1 unweathered one made in the 90s that I was lucky enough to snag off of ebay for 50 bucks. Haven't seen any since.

I also have news from Logans Closet for those who don't read FJ.com much. The brand name is being changed and they are going to expand it to stuff like shirts, belts, other clothing items such as that. I can tell you that the Wolverine belts from all of the movies and The Wolverine winter coat is on the interest list so hopefully we will see that in the near future.

Haven't heard jack from Mags on the DOFP belt yet...Getting anxious, I hope it's not going to be one of those 3 year projects because I can't wait that long, I'll just have some other leather maker do it for me. With the length of time that's passed already, I'm surpised we haven't seen a proto yet.

- - - Updated - - -

So it it isn't ridiculously small for what the size says.

I normally wear a medium if I want a slim fit. Should I go with a medium with this jacket?

Mine is a large/xl and I wear a medium in the levis charts. You have to keep in mind this is a European sizing so naturally, it's gonna be slim to begin with. Also keep in mind that this is gonna be a very short waisted jacket.

Last edited:
Yeah...I'd like to see some work done on the belt, but it looks like Magnoli has been busy with the Dr. Who ties etc, and hasn't been able to focus much on the belt....Does anyone know who his new leather guy is? Wade pulled out, so we can't ask him anymore....But maybe we could ask the guy directly? I dunno....Like Comonbub, I'd hoped to see a little more movement on this in all honesty.....

Could always use a new belt......

I also have news from Logans Closet for those who don't read FJ.com much. The brand name is being changed and they are going to expand it to stuff like shirts, belts, other clothing items such as that. I can tell you that the Wolverine belts from all of the movies and The Wolverine winter coat is on the interest list so hopefully we will see that in the near future.
What do you mean the brand name is being changed? Will he still be offering Vanson jackets?

Yes...He's keeping with Vanson, but adding a new maker for the fashion line, rather than the heavier weight comp. jackets......It'll increase speed of delivery for them.......The name will be changed from Logan's Closet to Legacy Clothes, but if you want a Vanson, you can still get their version of the X-Men jackets from Dan......I think it's an expansion, so moving out wider than JUST Vanson jackets (which take time to build) into a more "fashion" line......Film jackets and other gear....Looks kinda cool...And I'm glad for Dan and the crew!

Here's the thread...

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6062&start=30

Yeah...I'd like to see some work done on the belt, but it looks like Magnoli has been busy with the Dr. Who ties etc, and hasn't been able to focus much on the belt....Does anyone know who his new leather guy is? Wade pulled out, so we can't ask him anymore....But maybe we could ask the guy directly? I dunno....Like Comonbub, I'd hoped to see a little more movement on this in all honesty.....

Could always use a new belt......

If I don't hear from him within a week, I'm gonna search a new leathermaker and see if we can get it done someplace else. The belt itself isn't complicated to produce, hell, I'd be fine with a kit with everything included and I'd build it myself.

If I don't hear from him within a week, I'm gonna search a new leathermaker and see if we can get it done someplace else. The belt itself isn't complicated to produce, hell, I'd be fine with a kit with everything included and I'd build it myself.

Agreed.....I wouldn't mind doing the work if I had a pattern and the leather to work on.......If that's all we could get? A "build it yerself" kit? I'd be in for that for sure too.....I've considered doing it here actually...Although I'm not leather-smart enough to know how to get the double layers working well.....But a kit? Yeah....I'd be in..

Any updates on the pending orders from Dan? I ordered my XO in October 2013 and prepaid it already... haven't heard from him since March though...

Contact Stuntman on filmjackets.com.

And check this out,.A list of the DOFP extended cut that lists scenes that were made and cut and scenes that weren't made. The wolverine one jumping out of the X-jet made me LOL

1. Storm flies the X-Jet while Xavier uses his on-board mobile version of Cerebro to search for Kitty and Bobby.

2. When the future X-Men arrive to greet Kitty and Bobby, they encounter a new group of mutants which includes Blink (pictured above). Magneto uses his powers to threaten this group with nearby metal weapons, which leads to Blink holding her weapon to Magneto’s throat.

3. Bishop is the only one to really question the effects of changing the past. He expresses concern of their current history being negatively impacted, saying that some of them may not even exist in the altered timeline. Bishop warns Logan that he’ll carry the burden of retaining his memories when he wakes up in the new timeline. Logan easily shrugs it off.

4. When Mystique is helping the mutant army recruits escape the base in Saigon, Havok is hit with a taser and captured by Trask and Stryker’s people. Later in his own sequence, Havok is seen running from a Sentinel during a weapons test. Mystique later finds out that he died via an autopsy report.

5. While imprisoned under The Pentagon, a thick bearded Erik taunts a guard who ate some fish earlier. He tells the guard that he senses trace amounts of iron from the meal and makes his stomach rumble uncontrollably.

6. Charles, Beast and Logan recruit an 18 year old Juggernaut to break Erik out of prison. Diving from the X-jet, Juggernaut plows through the multiple ground levels. Logan jumps in directly after him and breaks all of his bones on impact.

7. Raven goes to the X-mansion to confront Charles, Beast and Logan about why Magneto is trying to kill her. In a later scene reminiscing a “First Class” moment, Hank tells Raven that she can take his serum to get rid of her mutation. She disagrees and tells Hank that maybe they could be together if he would accept their mutation.

8. Mutants around the world are being rounded up after the Mystique, Magneto and Beast are caught on camera.

9. Rogue goes airborne when Magneto grabs hold of her and levitates them out of the X-mansion.

10. Raven chooses a different path and decides to join Charles and Hank. Magneto says the government will eventually find them and attack. Charles reiterates a slightly modified line from the original trilogy, saying: “I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to that house looking for trouble.”

11. Jubilee was meant to appear as part of the future mutant team in a limited role. She has action pieces similar to Sunspot in the first act, though she dies in the third by being blasted off the wall.

12. Before Quicksilver’s epic scene, there was Juggernaut. He’s written as an 18 year old football player, a former student of Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.

13. Future Xavier helps his past self to look into his own mind, sharing a kind memory between himself and Raven as kids, playing in the garden.

14. Iceman suggests to Professor Xavier and Magneto that they rescue Rogue from a militarized-Xavier mansion, guarded by Sentinels. Xavier believes she’s dead because he hasn’t been able to reach her mind, but Bobby believes it’s because she’s inside Cerebro, being experimented on in a location where Xavier’s mind can’t pierce.

15. Storm watches after Kitty and Logan once Xavier, Magneto and Iceman leave to find Rogue. Both Storm…and especially Bishop have lots more dialogue in the screenplay, when compared to the final film.

16. Mystique doesn’t want to be found, so, disguised as Charles, she breaks into Cerebro and destroys its mainframe and helmet.

17. Rogue’s quick scene with Bobby at the end remains the same, though it’s questioned if she should have her white hair stripe or not.

18. An older Beast and Mystique are seen teaching a Biology class in the altered future timeline.

19. Kitty and Colossus are seen walking and holding hands in the altered future timeline, hinting at their relationship in the comics.

20. The original end credits had Apocalypse falling out of the night’s sky and combining himself with Erik.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=103360#sBu7zDl4mOjasmyd.99

Last edited:
That is really interesting. I'll be interested whether they incorporate the entire Rogue rescue/ Kitty take-over aspect of the deleted scenes. Great post.

Screen Accurate Wolverine Cosplay (Film version 1.5) begins.

Hey fellow Logan-heads.Really great thread and it's a pleasure to be amongst you, and seeing how much work everyone has done on the source items for this gear. Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute to this thread as much as I am already getting out of it for my first cosplay.

Cheers!
W.hand.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back