Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Hmmmm...Possible perhaps...But I'd assumed this was more about the time put in on the project, than simply covering for the leather costs.......It looks like it's just one guy doing this, which always means a higher cost, simply because that's NOT his profession, and he has to sacrifice time to get them made......If it is just for the cost of the leather and tools, well, fair enough...But I'd assumed not....(Hence the factory line joke...)

No real way I can afford the Oliver Peoples right now, although I will buy them as soon as I can I suspect..But in the meantime, I found these at a local shop in Tokyo, and bent the top nose frame bar down into a curve to match the Oliver Peoples frame somewhat closer....The actual glasses shape and frame is still more curved than it should be, but overall, and for 500 yen (5 dollars), these aren't a bad match all in all...

Excuse the lips....LOL....Mates of mine had a joke about ducklips, so I decided to do it propah..LOL

is is mags doing the buckle @commonbub
After comonbub and I posted some photos to the interest thread for the belt, Indy said he would look into it, and that is all I have heard. Comonbub might know more than I do about it though.

I'm still a little surprised the belt itself is covered in leather, I pictured it as all metal this whole time. haha It isn't uncommon for western buckles apparently.
@DarthVeach My jacket is from wolverinejacket.com and I like it. I have an album on my profile with pictures of it if you want to check that out and I have another album with photos of the screen used one. Just so you know the wolverinejacket.com X-O doesn't have the dip in the back.

Last edited:
@JKKS Have you looked at the X-1/X-2 dog tags on ebay or are they not accurate enough for you?

I have. But I really couldn't find something as accurate as I want.
I might have overlooked some auction though so if you are thinking about one in particular please feel free to pm me.

Thanks for your help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Weapon X Program Continues.... Watch out for those dog tags!
WeaponXProgram.jpg

No real way I can afford the Oliver Peoples right now, although I will buy them as soon as I can I suspect..But in the meantime, I found these at a local shop in Tokyo, and bent the top nose frame bar down into a curve to match the Oliver Peoples frame somewhat closer....The actual glasses shape and frame is still more curved than it should be, but overall, and for 500 yen (5 dollars), these aren't a bad match all in all...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...3-13F7-43AF-9426-9ED856B88BD8_zpsjkeejalp.jpg

Excuse the lips....LOL....Mates of mine had a joke about ducklips, so I decided to do it propah..LOL

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...8-4840-4BFF-B309-53A6E477F910_zpscm2jln3d.jpg

Those sunglasses look awesome :)

He's not responding to my emails or pms. It's been a good while and we still don't have anything of a prototype yet. He's not working on the buckle until we had better shots of it close up.

Incidentally....A friend of mine here in Japan saw a project I've kinda been working on with another mate, making the shirt pattern Wolverine uses in Days of Future Past....And she remarked that she had a handkerchief with that pattern on it at home....I asked her to show me, and this is what she had...It's the exact same pattern as close as I can tell...Different colouration, of course....But the same Liberty pattern...On a silk Handkerchief......Rather amazing luck really...

What this means is that I might be able to get a copy of it more or less precise and passed on to my other mate in the US who's trying to work out the pattern for us to make a shirt with...If she can do it ok? It might lead to something more than just one shirt...But that's all we're aiming at for now.....

Here's the fabric, and I'll keep you all updated with the shirt and pattern if she decides she wants to make more than the one shirt as well!

Incidentally....A friend of mine here in Japan saw a project I've kinda been working on with another mate, making the shirt pattern Wolverine uses in Days of Future Past....And she remarked that she had a handkerchief with that pattern on it at home....I asked her to show me, and this is what she had...It's the exact same pattern as close as I can tell...Different colouration, of course....But the same Liberty pattern...On a silk Handkerchief......Rather amazing luck really...

What this means is that I might be able to get a copy of it more or less precise and passed on to my other mate in the US who's trying to work out the pattern for us to make a shirt with...If she can do it ok? It might lead to something more than just one shirt...But that's all we're aiming at for now.....

Here's the fabric, and I'll keep you all updated with the shirt and pattern if she decides she wants to make more than the one shirt as well!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...E-762E-43D9-A982-7715E9779783_zpso6mz9eyb.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...B-D216-4F48-B064-5591CE5682F7_zps9zqoto3b.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums...9-B17E-4389-9F09-8450C04E1F32_zpsj5pxmmnx.jpg

This project sounds exciting :) looking forward to updates

I recently purchased this one very fantastic Hugh Jackman Signed X-MEN Days of Future Past Shirt of the NYC Global Premiere 05-10-14
XMENDOFPGlobalPremiereHughSignedShirt.jpg

Last edited:
That officially licensed jacket and associated dog tag are horrible in my opinion. The leather choice and distressing are less than to be desired, as the three sizes that they chose are awkward. We are about the same size and I'm sure having the smallest of the available size: medium, this jacket is 3 inches too long in the body and 2" too long in the sleeve.
But then again, the only allure is the "official" portion of this collector's item.

I agree with Drool on this one, they're awful, the distressing and fit of these jackets is what really turns me off of them. I think I've yet to see pictures of one that fit the wearer properly. They're cool to have as a collector, but as a wearable X-1 replica, terrible.

I don't want to join in on the slagging...But it is true....That jacket is a rather nasty "copy"...If they're going off the film used versions? They're not close.....Colour is odd, and design is most definitely funky...Plus the sizing issues et al? Baffling how they managed to mess it up so badly...
That said, for an "official product" (they're nearly always REALLY bad), this isn't TOOOOOOO bad....Considering what some of the Indiana Jones hats etc come out like....So I guess there IS that....And the dog tag isn't miles off....It's a "decent" set....
But....Yeah....I can't see much to praise or pay for in that set........If I was ridiculously rich? Perhaps.....

Honestly, I don't think the set looks bad for the price. We all know you get what you pay for in Wolverine jackets anyway and at 350 dollars it isn't bad. Besides the inaccurate details you guys pointed out, I think one of the things that turned me off to this set was the fact that this came out in 2009 to promote X-Men Origins: Wolverine, a movie where they changed the dog tag design and the jacket itself. I still think the official jacket looks better than the first Heron X-1's with the odd zipper placement.

This isn't really an update, but I complied some of the photos of the 70's shirt for fifthchamber's project if anyone wants to see them wolfman10cv's Library | Photobucket

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back