Sucker Punch German Zombies

Utinni

Sr Member
I know a lot of the ladies are working on the female characters, so I thought I'd start a new thread to keep the info separate. I'm looking to do one of the German Zombie for SD Comic-Con, specifically this one:

sucker_punchNazi-vi.jpg

CC10suckerpunch-vi.jpg

CC10suckerpunch6-vi.jpg

I have a TON of ref. pix I took at Comic-Con, including 2 videos of the mouth piece going up and down and the eyes opening/closing. My friend currently has my HD with it all so once I get it back I can upload them.

I'm going through the helmets now, it doesn't have a very long bill or big ear covers like most I've found so far.

The overall gas mask looks to be completely custom sculpted, but possibly based off these Russian masks, they have the large flat goggles with big nose and flat cheeks.:
russiangasmask3-vi.jpg

russiangasmask1-vi.jpg

russiangasmask2-vi.jpg

The hoses are cloth covered and I've found a couple styles. This one looks close, with the darker stripe at the end
gasmaskhose-vi.jpg

gasmaskhose2-vi.jpg

I looks like a standard leather Great Coat
greatcoat-vi.jpg

I found replicas available:
German WWII Leather Greatcoat Reproduction Overcoat Double-breasted www.By-The-Sword.Com

The boots I think are just plain Jack Boots.

It looks like it's either a dark green or even black Tunic under the jacket. Again once I get my data back with the close up pix, it will help.

So... who else is working on this guy?

- Jeff

Last edited:
Re: Suckerpunch Zombie Nazis * d'oh! Can I get this moved to costume forum?

Good refs for how to do the eyes would be to look at the Jin Roh suits that they're based on which were in turn based on Nazi stuff obviously.

40831375_783acdb9dc_z.jpg

And I've got those Russian gas mask hoses for my T-51b builds so I'll confirm that is exactly what they used. See my avatar for the same thing.

EDIT: I think the helmet is a mailcarrier? helmet. I had one that I cut up awhile back for another project. Let me find the pic.

EDIT 2: Not what I had actually. I had a WWII M-35 Paratrooper replica. This looks like a M-1916 Turkish replica. O maybe a plain jane WWI M-1916. The top helmet and the ones in the case look different.

AMT1918B-4.jpg

EDIT 3. Could even be a Finnish M-18 or something.
PPP-M18-Finn-03.jpg

I'll keep looking. Just looks to be German manufacture and WWI era. Would be a ton easier with a nice side profile pic though to be able to see exactly how big the bill is and where the rivets are located.

Last edited:
Re: Suckerpunch Zombie Nazis

Sorry to take away from your thred but this mask reminds me of some thing..
chuck a set of ears on him and his good to go

Those are some great shots. Even though I've heard mostly bad things about the movie, these would still be some cool characters to do.

Awesome pix, where did you find those? I'm looking to do the guy at the bottom. I didn't see it in the movie, but at comic-con the whole mouth piece went up and down for breathing I guess, and the eyes opened and closed.

- Jeff

Anyone looking to do these, there are some more great pics from the book in the other "Sucker Punch" thread

Not to be a *******, but that scene is supposed to be WWI, so they are German Empire, but not Nazis. Hence the biplanes. But the point of this detail orientated assholery is that you might find some good jackets and such if you expand your search to look for WWI German uniforms.

Not to be a *******, but that scene is supposed to be WWI, so they are German Empire, but not Nazis. Hence the biplanes. But the point of this detail orientated assholery is that you might find some good jackets and such if you expand your search to look for WWI German uniforms.

Actually it's not WWI or WWII, but a mash up of both. It's closer to WWI but small detail things like the Great coat and the collar looks closer to WWII than WWI. You can't 100% place where and when they are any way, hell, they have pretty modern automatic weapons and they have the Mecha. And I THINK the hidden belt buckle on the comic-con display costume did indeed have a Nazi buckle on it.

- Jeff

Last edited:
this is my first post here, Poor old Australia has been forced to endure a 2 week wait for Suckerpunch to open . BUT it gave us time to get organised for the Adelaide preview of the movie which Warner/Roadshow has kindly supported the Australian costumers guild with 24 tickets. AS of this time we have a Cosplay group of 20 people including a full team of the girls, 5 zombie soldiers, 2 english officers, 2 samurai, plus some "extras".
I'm just putting the finishing touches to the very Steampunky darth vadery zombie soldier. When i saw the reference picture in The art of Suckerpunch, it instantly appealed, but wasnt sure it was in the movie. The brief Glimpse in the trailer, Trenches short solved that.
But i stuffed it up. I pretty much only had the front on view to work from, so I had no idea how the sides of it went, and despite procrastinating for a week and pulling cameras apart, just after I committed to a shape, a full turnaround appeared, stuff it all. So the cheek area is too wide, and the eye sockety areas are wrong . But the finished piece is very satisfying. It was built out of junk from my Box 'o crap on plastic card, folded like pepakura. The zombie soldiers have blow moulded helmets from Darren to maintain a uniform team. I've glued it all together inside the helmet, with some dry brushing to go and battle damage. The hoses are from a weird little vaccum cleaner, but they are flexible and have pronounced ridges. Covered with cloth and latexed, they have provided a very vintage look and also quite disturbing. I dont have time to source a leather trenchcoat, so just borrowing one from a guild member. The webbing and bits still have to be done, but its almost good to go.
Despite some simply awful reviews, I am hanging out to see this movie. But its not just the movie, its the experience of a gigantic cosplay outing.
Photos as soon as i can.
Thanks for putting these references up, it was super helpful.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back