Sucker Punch German Zombies

I'm not sure which version I want to go with: the pickelhaube (spiked helmet) or the Stahlhelm (steel helmet). Which do you think looks better?

die_beide.jpg

I haven't either weathered or added the steam vent to the Stahlhelm yet. I'm trying to decide which helmet I will wear before I do that extra work.

Parks

They both look great but as of now I would go with the pointy hat...lol maybe after the weathering and steam addition the other may look cooler or just keep switching them up

Are there plastic versions of the WW2 helmet that can be picked up online?

Not that I've been able to find. You would want a WW1 helmet, anyway. The shape between the two is completely different.

I grappled with the problem that the film version of the helmet is not an authentic German helmet shape. The prop guys cut down the skirt of the helmet for some reason...maybe as a concession to the stunt guys? I decided to go history-authentic, for the main reason that I already had a WW1 helmet to work with.

Parks

The start of my installation of a steam valve in the Stahlhelm. Using a brass elbow with a 5/8" thread. To make sure the valve is securely anchored (I had wardrobe malfunctions with my Big Daddy costume last year), I drilled a hole in the helmet and threaded the elbow through.

helm.jpg

Are there plastic versions of the WW2 helmet that can be picked up online?
Morris Costumes has a German WW2 helmet. It may not be 100% historically accurate, but it works fine for costuming. Its been a few years since I bought one, but I seem to remember it being around 12-15$.

GC50.jpg

Here's the link:Morris Costumes

Taking a cheese grater and a power drill to a Model 1907 Imperial German Army uniform jacket. It hurts me to do that, even if it is a reproduction.

Parks

I didn't see any wounds on the soldiers in the movie, but I figured that since they were re-animated, something had to kill them in the first place, and they probably didn't get issued a replacement uniform. So, I drilled holes and bloodied it up a bit.

zombie_uni.jpg

Parks

Digging the bullet wounds. Now go roll around in some dirt and mud. Really weather the whole costume! And Babydoll needs some charms for her pistola. :thumbsup

Digging the bullet wounds. Now go roll around in some dirt and mud. Really weather the whole costume! And Babydoll needs some charms for her pistola. :thumbsup

You know what? I took a bucket of mud and sloshed it all over the uniform and puttees. I caked it on pretty good and even tried to work the mud into the wool. After it dried, I knocked off the loose dirt and viola! the uniform looked none the worse for wear. There is a reason why uniforms were made from wool for hundreds of years.

Charms for the pistol and decals for the blade arrived in the mail after this photo was taken.

Parks

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back