Sucker Punch German Zombies

That looks great! You obviously went to much more effort on the gas mask portion than your buddies. My only observation/complaint in general is that the costumes are all too clean! Looks like you need a bin of coal dust and ashe to coat them in.

Hehehe I'm glad the LEDs worked out for ya, Steve!!

Just a quick point of clarification: ALL the zombie Germans made considerable effort on their masks. The one on the far left of the chorus line even made the latex portions of the head under the helmet to make it more decayed and zombie-like. Most of them were made from scratch too!

I'm starting to think I should've made one of these for the preview night instead. The samurai armour almost killed me! :p

Very cool...I am going to start on mine (my own version) for SDCC...I should have it ready, hopefully...

Seeing if I have molds for some of the other WW1 German weapons...namely the Stick Grenade and MG08/15...

Very cool...I am going to start on mine (my own version) for SDCC...I should have it ready, hopefully...

Seeing if I have molds for some of the other WW1 German weapons...namely the Stick Grenade and MG08/15...

Tell me more about the other weapons....

Parks

I should know more after the weekend...we have a nice selection of WWII items (MG34, MG42, MG15) but I have not had to do anything with WWI...

Talk soon
Lewis

I missed out on the artbook and now am kicking myself, so I can´t check it, but maybe you just misread it?

I think the "Fruchtlos" on the buckle might actually read

"Furchtlos"

meaning "fearless" and of course would make much more sense than "fruitless" :lol

Love the designs and seeing the progress you´re all making with your costumes.

Yeah, I started accumulating the stuff to build one of these myself. I got some ideas from the Suckerpunch art book. I want to make one that has a steam boiler back pack, with a similar style mask. With all the WWII replica stuff, it really isn't a hard costume to do. Hopefully I'll have something for D*con.

I think the "Fruchtlos" on the buckle might actually read "Furchtlos"

I got out the magnifying glass and upon seeing it in greater detail, I recognise it as a Württemburg belt buckle, with the legend of "Furchtlos Und Trew (Treu)" around the Württemburg coat of arms.

w_buckle.jpg

Replicas of this buckle can be bought at Hessen Antique. I'm going to wear my Prussian one, though...I will be anachronistic in an anachronistic movie.

Belt buckle

Parks

Last edited:
For those wearing greatcoats, the coats are actually the WW2-era M37 Greatcoats with WW1-era rimmed crown buttons replacing the WW2 pebbled buttons. Hessen Antique actually has the greatcoats on sale right now (no, I don't work for them, just trying to be helpful). The Y-straps worn by the soldiers are also WW2-era. Some of the shoulderboards that I see on the soldiers are from Infanterie-Regiment 92 (IR 92).

Greatcoat
Shoulderboards
Y-straps

Parks

Last edited:
we have a nice selection of WWII items (MG34, MG42, MG15) but I have not had to do anything with WWI...

You mentioned earlier that you might have an MG08/15. I got excited about that. Also, we are always looking for grenades for use in our re-enactments.

Parks

I am hoping that we have the molds for the MG08/15 and also stick grenades...otherwise on the stick grenades if I get one I can mold it rather quickly to produce great rubber versions that jsut need to be painted...

Lewis

I am hoping that we have the molds for the MG08/15 and also stick grenades...otherwise on the stick grenades if I get one I can mold it rather quickly to produce great rubber versions that jsut need to be painted...

How can I contact you privately, so that we can discuss this in more detail? The way we do grenades in re-enactments now is expensive and time-consuming (we rig them so that they go bang, which is the only way to win battles in the trenches at night).

Parks

I see...however i do not think our process would be any cheaper to do seeing that the replica versions can be had for 20-50 each...

I am more hoping that we have the molds of the items for my personal costume and a few friends that will be suiting up for SDCC as well...

Lewis

I don't remember seeing many grenades in the film, although there was a quick scene where one of the girls threw a stick grenade at some surprised zombies. My biggest concern at SDCC is whether or not I can bring in a Mauser rifle, the most prolific weapon on that battlefield. I have an airsoft Mauser (it's a WW2-era 98k, instead of a WW1 Gewehr 98, but that should be close enough), but I'm not sure of Security will allow airsoft rifles. And even so, I can't bring in a real bayonet. Do you have plans to mold a Mauser rifle with soft bayonet?

I am still interested in an MG08/15 that you might have, either for SDCC or for static display in our Living History group.

If you want to see a WW1 stick grenade, Hessen Antique sells a pretty good replica.

Hessen Antique grenade

Parks

On my own costume...I am taking a majority of what you can see on film but creating (adding) some things to my own costume to be different...I like some of the concept artwork so I will see where it takes me =)

My guns are all rubber so I should have zero issues getting thru security, of course once they check it out since at first they look real...

Also anyone have an idea what the case is on the back of the 3D model???...

I can see the bayonet frog, bread bag, canteen, and small case...I have no clue what it is...

Lewis

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back