USS Enterprise CVN-6 HELP!!!

trekman1017

For a school project that is due on April 11 I would like to build a model of the Yorktown class aircraft carrier Enterprise. I can't find plans anywhere online, can anyone help me out with this?

What scale and time frame are you looking to do? There are several plan sets out there. I'd have a look at

Taubman Plans: USS ENTERPRISE
Maryland Silver: New Page 17

The Taubman plans set is a good starting point. The Maryland Silver book has almost too much information in it (every line drawing from the ships construction). You can also look at The Floating Drydock's website, they probably have a CV-6 set of plans, too.

and check out the Modelwarships.com "Calling All Ships" section of the forum. You can find guys there who know everything about the Yorktown class ships:
The Ship Model Forum • View forum - Aircraft Carriers

You need to know what time frame specifically you want to build first, though. CV-6 was modified so much between 1941 and 1945 that she was almost a different ship, and plans for one time frame won't do you much good for her at another time frame.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back