10th Doctor's white trainers

Style M9162, off-white. And the logos weren't painted over, that's just one of those persistent bits of misinformation that will never die.

Chucks are not hard to find. I've seen them at stores in the mall in that color. It's not a burden to purchase them online, anyhow. No matter what, be sure to try any color of high-tops at the store. After you find ones that are comfortable, write that size down or something so you remember. Your regular shoe size will not correlate to the Converse size. I wear a size 12 in every other brand of shoe (other than dress shoes) and in Converse I wear a size 11.

Sports direct sell chucks, also eBay. I own several pairs myself, they're all I really wear!

Also try Schuh.

Aren't they painted over (physically or digitally) in some promo shots, but generally left alone in the actual series?

They were ripped off for some promo shots, but in the series they left them on. You can actually see them in the scene in Dave Ward's avatar.

I asked Bob to fix the errors in the breakdown, but it appears he forgot.

On a semi-related note, the maroon ones seem to be getting scarce. I've had a pair for about six years that finally disintegrated last week and finding a replacement pair was a bit of a challenge. They're still available through the Converse site, but a lot of places seem to be clearancing them out (I ended up getting a pair for about $30). Luckily the black and natural white ones are core colors, so they won't be going out of production.

Damn. I'm glad you said something, Punchbuggyblues. I had found them on Amazon for under $40, but now the price has gone up and I might as well just buy them from Converse. Guess I should do that soon then!

Heh, I just bought my Red trainers today at Shoe Show for $43...and I can't for the life of me locate the off-white/cream colored ones except online...next payday perhaps :)

The emblems were removed, not painted over, IIRC. Which isn't hard to do.

Also, be SURE you get the off-white ones. I've got a pair of the white ones, and while I love them to death, they aren't accurate.

Related note: If I ever run for president, I will wear nothing but Converse all the way to the top.

*grumble* I wish I could find a pair of Cream colored ones in the stores I've been going to...all they have are the "Atomic white" which isn't accurate...And, alas I now have no money to order online...*sighs* FRIDAY!!!

Eclipse, you need to be looking for plain white. That's the correct color. It's not called cream.

And Risu, I'm wondering if they just photoshopped out the emblems, then, since I know that the white ones were Tennant's own shoes, according to an interview he did. I'm pretty sure the mono black ones had the emblems cut off (rubber, easy to do, did it to mine because I didn't like 'em on there), and the maroon ones had the emblems on.

Also, anyone who already has the atomic white ones, just wear them constantly. They'll quickly get dirty enough that you can never tell the difference between them and the natural white ones.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back