10th Doctor's white trainers

Answer: Yes, but I don't like ordering online to be honest. :S What if they never get to my apartment? That kind of thing!

EDIT: Though I did finally find them today at Shoe Show here in NC...I can't afford them at the moment, I might ask them to hold a pair for me till this friday!

Kind of a weird hobby for a person who doesn't buy things online. The postal system is pretty reliable, despite the complaints from the unlucky few who get something lost or damaged.

Well I've been really burned fairly recently...like within the last couple of weeks, give me about 2 or 3 and I'll be ok with it again LOL I hope that makes sense :S

Either way, I'm saving my money for some fabric so I can put together a 10 suit. I'll be spending a bit over 250 for it but I think it's worth it (FYI, Spoonflower, which is actually about an hour away from where I live ;))

They also used long nylon football socks with the Converse as they stop the Converse squeek you get when you wear them for long periods. That created havoc with the sound technicians. They also wick moisture away from the foot well with Converse and make them more comfortable to wear.

What would be a good American equivalent to football socks? Would something like Under armor socks be similar? Are their soccer socks available here in the states that are similar to the British nylon socks? I have noticed the Converse squeek while wearing my Chucks.

Well I've been really burned fairly recently...like within the last couple of weeks, give me about 2 or 3 and I'll be ok with it again LOL I hope that makes sense :S

Either way, I'm saving my money for some fabric so I can put together a 10 suit. I'll be spending a bit over 250 for it but I think it's worth it (FYI, Spoonflower, which is actually about an hour away from where I live ;))

$250 will buy you 4 yards of the Magnoli fabric, which is all you need for a average sized suit.

EDIT: I might actually do that if I can save enough money and just to let you know, it would HAVE to be 5 yards, so add a bit more money to that $250 but the thing is that's just for one color of fabric (if I do brown). But if I can't I have to go the cheap route and that IS spoonflower (250 for 5 yards of each color fabric), if they can't get it right I can always just drive there and talk with them. And, it would save me on shipping costs at the same time, I live in NC about an hour away.

But back on subject. Sometime this coming week I plan on getting the unbleached whites!

Last edited:
It's not that the pattern can't be worked out, it's just that Spoonflower's equipment isn't capable of doing a good enough quality print. I've seen well printed fabric (at 4 times the price) and Spoonflower is not it.

I've had the second one for a while, but haven't posted about it yet. Just thought I'd throw this up here, since it's what the thread's about.

DSC02037-1.jpg

It's great to finally have the whole pair. :)

Looking at those, and looking at my pair of dirty Optical White shoes, I'd say that it's actually an exact match. If I had that bedspread, I could probably re-create that picture exactly (save for the precise weathering). So I'd officially call that an option.

Production used, but not screen used. They're the shoes Tennant provided for the promo photos for series 2.

Again:

The pair I have were Tennant's shoes, which had the emblems removed and were used for all the promo shots. They weren't optic white, but back when they were purchased the natural white was a lot whiter then the cream color they are now. Sometime before 2005, the color of the natural white shoes changed pretty drastically, which is why all the shoes used in the show are the cream color but the promo photo shoes are closer to the optic white, but all the shoes are the M9162's.

So you could use a dirty pair of optic white, but they would not be accurate.

You can actually still see the original color in the laces. The old and new unbleached white shoes have the exact same laces, they just made the shoe canvas more yellow.

This picture shows a shoe bought from a store about 2 years ago. It's unworn and is typical of the current colour. For reference, the cabinet is painted an almost pure white.

digital-frontier-kevin-flynn-tron-legacy-display.jpg-50359d1302388590

It was signed by Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Euros Lyn when they were at Comic-con, my wife has got the other shoe saved in case she meets the cast.

Awesome. I wonder how weird it would be if Tennant ever goes to a con and I ask him to sign my shoes. I wonder if he'd even recognize them.

Risu: Yeah production not screen used sorry I've been loopy as of late!!!

lonerthx: And cool that you got Davies and crew to sign your shoe dude!

Risu again: I don't know! He might still remember them! Might even call you Brilliant for having them :D

I should clarify that it's my wife's shoe, and that fact alone allows me to display more of my stuff around the house even though I think it's really cool :lol

If she had her way, the maroon chucks and Rose's shoes she has would be in there too, and then she'd have to buy more of Rose's shoes to complete it.

Risu, I think the first thing he'd say is that he had a pair "exactly" like them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back