My foam Iron Man costume build.

Re: Another ironman foam build yup sorry another one. PAINTING FOAM HELMET!..

dude I just read the whole thread, can't believe youve done it using foam

Looks so awesome, cant wait to see it complete

Congrats man, you truly have some mad skills :cool

dude I just read the whole thread, can't believe youve done it using foam

Looks so awesome, cant wait to see it complete

Congrats man, you truly have some mad skills :cool

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. And hopfully I will be back at the ironman costume in about 3 or 4 weeks, I have almost lost the all the inches I needed to be able to start working on the ab section.

Hey man, I was wondering what happening to this build. Good for you on losing some inches. Not not just for a costume but it's great for overall health.
Great step you made. Have to give you props for that.

thanks, I have always wanted to et back in shape (use to be a fitness instructor 14 years ago). It is kinda funny to think that it took wanting to build an Ironman costume to finaly work on losing the weight, but who cares what the motivation is, thats what I say!.
Thanks again..

Just discovered this thread today...

Wow! GREAT job! I love it when people find cheap and creative ways to make things that look this awesome. You should be very proud of yourself. :thumbsup

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I will be getting back to this build soon and probably redoing the whole chest piece.

Thanks, This has kinda stalled for now though, I had stopped it because I need to lose some weight in order for the costume to look good, but now I have an operation on my wrist lined up for the 18th Nov and will be unabl to use my hand for a while. I am glad people are still liking this build and I promise as soon as I can I will pick it back up and finish it.

Hey Jamie - two friends of mine have had carpal tunnel surgery, and went from barely being able to use their hands to full mobility (one guy is a guitarist/bass player). There's discomfort post-op, but once you heal up you should be able to let that propping and costuming talent shine!

Cheers mate, that boosted my moral! I just hope once I get it done my building skills improve lol.

great job....but u can do it better,so good luck on ur next one
And i sugest u to use a 4 mm foam for the helmet,or the entire costume.

sisqo why would you say that thats kinda rude he made this with out pep or any templates keep up the good work fam im starting my im build today wish me luck

Thanks. I am not sure sisqo meant to be rude, may be due to bad English or something. But he is right. At the time I couldn't do better, but now I have done more foam work I am going to revisit and redo most of this. Thanks again for the kind words.
I will be updating this in a week.

Ok small update here, its been a while and I am sorry for that, but I am in the middle of having four operations. I have started the ironman project all over again and not sure if I should just let this thread die and start a new one.
here is ther work I have been doing. I have changed my templates a little to involve less cutting and glueing. I think it is working out well, I am also using thinner foam which while on the outside you wont notice any difference, it does give me more room inside.
I have also moved away from using a heavy duty glue gun to a smaller craft gun. It makes it so much easier to handle.
DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5144.jpg

My sone is keeping the painted one, not sure what I am going to do with the middle one yet.
DSCF5151.jpg

DSCF5152.jpg

well.... another Ironman foam helmet ready for the trash. I do not know if I am just being to picky or what, but I look at the way the helmet is going and I just feel it is not good enough, I feel I can do better. However I am out of foam and will not be able to get any until I go to the city next, I will try and get to walmart before I go to the hospital.
One good thing has come out of this new helmet build, I have been able to cut the amount of templates down even more. And everytime you build something it should always be a learning curve. Maybe lucky number 4? who knows. Heck i should just finished these and sell them lol...
DSCF5153.jpg

DSCF5155-1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back