My foam Iron Man costume build.

Re: Another ironman foam build yup sorry another one.

You've got a pretty Dang Decent Build here, Yes Sir! Keep up the good work. Oh! & uh Keep Building!....

oh wow! so awesome!! never tried pepakura either, and i love to see your progress. amazing, really!

Ok finaly got the paint. and the sun was out (for an hour) today. So here's another update.

This is the set up for the arc reactor, the battery box will be tucked away inside the suit and the button will be placed somewhere where I can easily switch it on and off.
DSCF2393.jpg

It dawned on me today that I had not shown a picture of the back of the suit yet, so here ya go complete with painted shoulders. They still need one or two more coats.
DSCF2392.jpg

another shot of the suit.
DSCF2391.jpg

That looks incredible, really loving the rib section work it's so clean and the Baby Food jar lids... INSPIRED!!! :D

Thank you so much, I just checked out your build and it looks awesome. I really appreciate all the kind words and after seeing everyone else's amazing builds I feel honoured getting the praise I am from such talented guys.

Small update, I just gave the shoulders the last coats of paint, so they are finished now. Now onto the arms. And I think I am wanting to start the neck ring aswell, I havent even started thinking about that bit yet.

Just waiting to get more foam mats, hopfully by the end of the weekend I will have some. I am working on the arms right now, The plastic containers are great but the foam wont stick very well. So what I am doing is keeping the containters and using them as a kinda under-skeletal frame and making the foam pieces that will slide over the containers, that way I still keep the look of the rest of the costume but have the strength of the plastic at the hindges. I am also working on the neck seal, trying different ways to get it done, will show pics in a few days. Thanks for asking and it is nice to see people enjoying my build.
thanks.

Heres a little update for everyone still interested.
I have just been putting the arm together, to see how it will work.
I have used the containers underneath to help give it a strong skeletal structure, I also added washers made from the same plastic (Left overs) to help stop the screws from going through the foam.
DSCF3076.jpg

DSCF3077.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

This has just painted using an art program just to see what it will kinda look like.
DSCF3078painted.jpg

The Helmet is proving to be very hard, I can not sculpt it properly out of foam, I may have to try and buy one, anyone know anyone who has a damaged one for sale cheap lol..

Last edited:
Re: Another ironman foam build yup sorry another one. ARM UPDATE: 28-5-11

This is how I am thinking of attaching the whole arm assembly.
DSCF3081.jpg

It looks great! You have SERIOUS talent dude! :thumbsup

I haven't finished Mikey's full suit yet, but I have to say getting the arms scaled right, modified and working correctly has been a much bigger challenge than the entire helmet build (including wiring) was.

I guess I should hold up b!tching until I finish the legs (I've heard they suck too). :lol

Great work. I'm totally subscribing.

Small update on arms, I finaly got some more foam.
Enjoy. Comments and suggestion always welcome please.
DSCF3118.jpg

DSCF3119-1.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

DSCF3122.jpg

Yours looks so much cleaner then my feeble cyberman arm attempt. Great job :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back