Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete New Pics 2/25/12!

Re: Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume WIP with Pics!

glad you have some cold packs for this, it was nice last year during d con, but even in ghostbuster flight suits it gets hot. the cold packs will def help

Awesome job on the costume so far! Those boots look crazy good! Have you tried walking in them yet?

Yep. They are surprisingly easy to walk in. It's a little weird not rolling my foot but I should have no problem ( from the boots at least) getting around the con.

Most of the work right now has been weathering as I would like to reach the presentable level next week so I can foucs on two side projects I need done for D*Con, so look for some full pictures really soon. In the mean time, check out the drill in action!

‪Subject Delta Drill Test‬‏ - YouTube

Re: Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete 7/28/11!

After two weeks of weathering and Wiring, I give you Subject Delta!

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

DSCN2802.jpg

DSCN2807.jpg

DSCN2808.jpg

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2814.jpg

And here are 2 videos of the suit in action:

‪Subject Delta Costume Test Fit Part 1‬‏ - YouTube

‪Subject Delta Costume Test Fitting Part 2‬‏ - YouTube

Please check out our blog at 2StoryProps.Blogspot.com for the complete write up and more pictures of the suit in action!

A. Ma. Zing. Truly the best Delta costume I've seen. All the others have looked...disproportionate, somehow. This one looks ripped right from the game!

Re: Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete 7/28/11 with Pics!!

Holy crap this is spot on, how tall are you in this thing O_O?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Here are some of the artistic shots showing the details:

DSCN2824.jpg

DSCN2827.jpg

DSCN2828.jpg

DSCN2829.jpg

DSCN2831-1.jpg

DSCN2835.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

DSCN2842.jpg

Wow. that is pretty impressive! Thanks for the progress pics as well.

Very very well done :thumbsup

Out of curiosity what reference did you use for the rope color? From the reference shots I have looked at the color is a more "natural" rope color, but some of those are concept art/trailer models so I admit the final game model could have changed to the reddish color. Of course being a first person game there is a definite lack of in-game shots of yourself.

Very very well done :thumbsup

Out of curiosity what reference did you use for the rope color? From the reference shots I have looked at the color is a more "natural" rope color, but some of those are concept art/trailer models so I admit the final game model could have changed to the reddish color. Of course being a first person game there is a definite lack of in-game shots of yourself.

The main issue with natural rope it it is almost impossible to find. Today most ropes are polymers which cannot be dyed. I found some cotton cord at Jo-Ann that had the right texture and dyed it brown so it wouldnt be white. That is based more on the figure. the rope still needs some paint added.

I should point out by "finished" I mean I can wear it to the convention. There are some details I would like to do if I find the time, but at least I know it is presentable at this point.

You've taken the imagined and made it look not only plausible, but real. This could be some weird, specialized mining suit from the early 20th Century for all of the details. That's the mark of a great build. I love the videos.

A. Ma. Zing. Truly the best Delta costume I've seen. All the others have looked...disproportionate, somehow. This one looks ripped right from the game!

Looking at some of the other attemps, the common mistake I usually see it the helmet is way to big where the bottom almost touches the crotch, they wear regular boots, or they make the suit fit them rather than the bulked out build of the character.

Additionally with a little math and patience it is really simple to make a even, uniform drill thread.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back